Can I, legally, be proud?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EternalSpark

Fear Mah Leet Glasses
Aug 8, 2001
Land of Fnord
www.deusfortress.com
I actually did it! I beat UT! Without cheating! *

Of course, I did it on Novice, cuz I definately am not quite a FPS player. Now, I know most of y'all here have beaten it on Godlike, sure, but can I be proud?

* Like I said, I suck at FPSs. So I turned the speed down to like 75%.

Maybe it was just the difficulty, but Xan was eeesay.

/me does a happy dance

Xanny liked my :Pulse: :p

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
doesnt matter really. and good job on beating UT. :)

I never even bothered trying to beat UT single player.

just try on a new difficulty this time. :)

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Congrats. Of course you can be proud.
I had big trouble before I could beat Xan. Even when I knew how to it.
Every time I had a good lead and was only a few frags to win I started to be so nervous so fell off the spaceship more than once.

Probotector

über f00l
Mar 6, 2001
Sweden, m00!
proboserv.mine.nu
Good for you! :) I haven't beaten it :p ...i've had it since christmas -99...i played at the start then when i dicovered online play i totaly neglected it...maybe i will try and beat it when i get my new system...as a sort of tribute or something... :)

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by EternalSpark
I actually did it! I beat UT! Without cheating! *

Of course, I did it on Novice, cuz I definately am not quite a FPS player. Now, I know most of y'all here have beaten it on Godlike, sure, but can I be proud?

* Like I said, I suck at FPSs. So I turned the speed down to like 75%.

Maybe it was just the difficulty, but Xan was eeesay.

/me does a happy dance

Xanny liked my :Pulse: :p

i beat the PS2 version the same way :) , but now my brother and my friend thinks that i played to much because it only took 2 days :) ,oh well,what matters is you win,right?

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by EternalSpark

Of course I will. On Novice, I didnt die till Deathmatch-Peak :)

Speakin' of that map, I heard there was an easter egg in it.. Not the stupid one with nalis havin' sex, but a real one. Any reality?

hmmm... ill look at it (no i dont belive that nali sex bs)

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
there is a damage amplifier and health pack on the roof

and the pit contains a invisible pool of water that turns your screen cyan when you fall into it

there is no nali sex room,i looked for any secrets and only found the damage amp secret

Last edited:

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
screw single player, you've beaten it already, now time for a real test, play online. Feel free to join us in #planetunreal, maybe you can get some of us to test your skills!

EternalSpark

Fear Mah Leet Glasses
Aug 8, 2001
Land of Fnord
www.deusfortress.com
Originally posted by Clayeth054
screw single player, you've beaten it already, now time for a real test, play online. Feel free to join us in #planetunreal, maybe you can get some of us to test your skills!

I'm in #planetunreal right now, actually... and got in a major like fight deal about GSI and FP and stuff... you know how it is, pissy day = take it out online (which I am guilty of a lot)

And I dont play UT online cuz my current computer system doesnt have the requirments for UT - a P1 something or something. :(

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
I'm doing the Single player with Godlike bots... and oh boy they kick my ass badly... in DM anyways :)

In CTF I could easily beat every single one of the levels on Godlike, but in DM I get my butt kicked (which explains why I'm strictly a CTF player :p)

I'm still trying to get better. Any help on how to beat Godlike bots in DM?

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by Gamma_Sword
I'm doing the Single player with Godlike bots... and oh boy they kick my ass badly... in DM anyways :)

In CTF I could easily beat every single one of the levels on Godlike, but in DM I get my butt kicked (which explains why I'm strictly a CTF player :p)

I'm still trying to get better. Any help on how to beat Godlike bots in DM?

want a challange but godlikes kick your ass like the person above?
heres a good challange:16 novice bots VS you alone
once you start owning them go on until you get to the god like difficulty,then use some program to make it 32 bots,keep going until your comp lags from massive amounts of bots

The Xenonerd

Jul 24, 2001
angelfire.com
Originally posted by Swedix|PuF
Congrats. Of course you can be proud.
I had big trouble before I could beat Xan. Even when I knew how to it.
Every time I had a good lead and was only a few frags to win I started to be so nervous so fell off the spaceship more than once.

Hehe, the falling off the spaceship part was the part that drove me to very very loud screaming fits the first couple times I tried to beat Xan.

I've beaten the game several times now on average and novice (mainly due to having to re-play it due to hd crashes, screwing up the game and having to re-install, and playing it on multiple comps. I'm a computer klutz) Right now I'm trying to get through it on skilled. After that I'm gonna go for the gusto on Godlike. I'll probably die before I beat THAT though.