Summer job?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
Elite, don't bitch man, youve got it easy.

I have to work wednesdays to sundays at a restaraunt. My title is "dishwahser" but I also have to bus tables, and clean the entire kitchen at night. did I mention I do it by myself?

I get payed 7 bucks an hour and if I'm lucky I work only 10 hours a day. I get no break, and every now and then I'm fed a salad for supper...but usually I go hungry.

And I don't know if youve ever worked in a kitchen, but the temerature in there(especially when the dishwasher is constantly being opened) never drops under 86 degrees...and ever 2 or 3 minuites I need to put my face in steam from the 190 degree dishwasher.

sitting on my ass making passports is easy!

Damn Jonny, where are you working? In alot of places those conditions are damn near illegal. Time to bitc<b></b>h man ;). You're supposed to only be working 8 hours MAXIMUM, and more if you want. And you are required by law (US law) to have a lunch break. Have a talk to your boss about this.

Uppity, if somewhere in my post I complained that my job sucked, it was a mistake. My job wasn't that bad, it was just bad realizing everybody my age got paid the same for various amounts and efforts of work. And others got triple my pay for making me do their work. Whats more, some people get paid alot for doing virtually no work. I guess I can take your advice of just taking the pain, and slowly working my way up, but that just sucks. Something needs to change, because that isn't perfectly right. My supervisor informed me that I wasn't really supposed to be doing the work I am doing, and that it requires people to have gone to college to do it. Its total bullshi<b></b>t. I can do it, and I am still in highschool. I don't even remember why I posted this topic :)

I guess I am just curious why everything is so ****ed up in the working world. People get paid for little effort, people who haul as<b></b>s all day breaking their back for their companies get paid minimally. Its just so messed up. And for the job, I already quit it last Friday. I have 3 weeks of vacation until school starts, and right now I am blowing away all my money :D I know I have to savor summer vacation while it lasts. Two more years and I'll be in the working world :(