UT3 The Making of CTF-Pipeline

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuperAlgae

Tritoxa incurva
Aug 10, 2005
Yeah that's what I mean sorry, I was saying they dont have a texture yet because I'm going to bake 3 meshes into the one texture map.

Right, and I think you could even have wood, metal, etc within the same Texture but have different Materials (with different impact sounds, etc) using that single Texture. It is probably simpler to not mix different kinds of materials in a single texture map, but it should work either way.

Regarding arches, there may be a structural advantage to having a single keystone in the center, but I think Cr4zyB4st4rd hit on the real reason.

Great work BTW :)

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it will be ok :D

I hope this thread is still of some interest despite not yet getting much work done in unreal. got a few more meshes to make first. But I have a picture to show, Every time I finish a mesh I put it into a placeholder file and see how the meshes go together. this is how it looks so far. Remember this is not the actual level. Just a mock - pre-level mesh arrangement.

Just added in one of my pipe meshes. (instanced twice)
lightingmeshconcept04.jpg

Right, and I think you could even have wood, metal, etc within the same Texture but have different Materials (with different impact sounds, etc) using that single Texture. It is probably simpler to not mix different kinds of materials in a single texture map, but it should work either way.

Great work BTW :)

Thanks, And right you are there :) Still better not to mix them up, I'm just fussy that way.

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
WOW.

Its looking amazing Bazz. So different from what you normally do (hell it is custom, but that aint what I mean, well not all of it) but it looks fantastic.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
The lamp is not as bright as the sun (which actually would be much brighter if not blocked by atmosphere). On the other hand, it is essential to keep interiors visible, especially if they come with so many light-sensitive details.

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
WOW.

Its looking amazing Bazz. So different from what you normally do (hell it is custom, but that aint what I mean, well not all of it) but it looks fantastic.

Thanks Mr Pants lol :)

Thought I would try to post a bit more.
Here is a Real-time render of the final pipe with its final texture. Wanted these to look good because they have a large role in the look of the level.
metalpipes06.jpg

And here is my wooden planks. I think that texture will do for now.

Thanks again for following along all :).

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Here Is My finished Wall light (I don't know what I was thinking adding gauges). And another pic of my mock level with some lighting adjustments, it also now includes my own light mesh.

lightingmeshconcept05.jpg

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Thanks everyone :)

i cant wait for this map
is it a ut99 map ?

LOL I think everyone is misinterpreting what your asking. This is obviously a map for UT3 and I'm sure you know this. I think your actually asking if this is going to be another remake like 2 of my other Ut99 remakes. The answer is no, this is a map of my own design.

Here is a change to some concept art I've done while Im at work. Added some pipes etc.

conceptroom1.jpg

Last edited: