XMP USA Players for the Hall of Fame

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlueX

Soldier
Nov 21, 2004
www.nightfallsnow.com
XMP North American Players for the Hall of Fame

Hey guys this is mainly for the olllllllllllllllllllld xmpers that played with the best players that they ahd ever seen. I thinkin of players from nbk, omni, [pet], shadow, de, LNS, vd etc. Please take this very seriously and take any scrims and ladder matches into account. Euro players may comment as well but this is the USA hall of fame so please do not feel dismissed or offended for the exclusion, the respect for you is as players and your skill is definitely there.

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I most familiar with my own clan.

Rangers:
=vÐ=Grasshopper
=vÐ=Auron
=vÐ=Xixax (who later went to Omni),

Gunners:
=vÐ=PoD,
=vÐ=Zaknafein,
=vÐ=PRG
=vÐ=Ravage

Techs:
=vÐ=Ominae
=vÐ=Xaero
There was a tech for NBK that had some sick skills...i feel dirty not remembering..
NBK = GGs

Also a tech from Omni that kicked some ass too...again..5 years ago...I've slept since then.

For the Lame of fame I nominate Toogay

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
The tech you are talking about is Anthrax, and the omni is Nept.

[pet]Detective
[pet]Crow
[NBK]Red
[NBK]Lei
=VD=Grasshopper
OMNI Nept (although he is Canadian)
It's been so long, i am probably missing a few. TOO MANY good players.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
yes..nept and anthrax, that's the guys...a couple of the best techs I'd seen. But over all..if I had to pick just one player...it'd have to be hopper...the dude wasn't human.

Mar 6, 2004
yes..nept and anthrax, that's the guys...a couple of the best techs I'd seen. But over all..if I had to pick just one player...it'd have to be hopper...the dude wasn't human.

Too be honest, he WAS dominant when XMP first came out, he was a legend around here, but then players got better eventually. But then he came back and all he did was grab an arti and start DMing the whole map instead of playing. Kinda made me mad, i was having a hard time keeping energy and he did not wanna help.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
for general pub play I would agree with you, for organized clan matches, where you could focus his energy in a strategic direction....he could shut-out the entire opposite defense by himself.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
There's good, and there's proven good... the latter of which was never truly possible with [u2]xmp.

Also, no offense, but when you have a clan whose certain members tried to deny the... let's say... "problems" with xmp, well... enough said.

Finally, Drunken, sucks to be forgotten. You were always the shizz.

Mar 6, 2004
There's good, and there's proven good... the latter of which was never truly possible with [u2]xmp.

Also, no offense, but when you have a clan whose certain members tried to deny the... let's say... "problems" with xmp, well... enough said.

Finally, Drunken, sucks to be forgotten. You were always the shizz.

I don't think we have proven good. I mean there are so many of the good players on the same level, there really is nobody that stands out over every other good player.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003

omg...drunken was...err is the ****. One of the best all around players I've had the pleasure to play with. No doubt about it. VD was stacked deep, but always had a hard time getting everyone on at the same time. Another worth mention is =vÐ=Omen...another I miss. Thanks for looking in drunken...many many ggs.

And Wulfman where are you?

I am ashamed my name isn't on the list.

Actually that's a lie.

My vote:

Ranger:
Transhopperbot

Gunner:
Crow (I know, he's a cocky SOB and an ass, but in all honesty, the dude was one hell-of a gunner.)

Tech:
I don't remember any truly dominant tech as most of them were good all-around, and used tech only when playing the field on maps like Lowland where hacking is crucial. I must say, the tech who was the best shot I can remember... Subvertio.

All kidding aside, I would probably go with Nept, I never really got to know Thraxx, so I can't vote for him.

/\Mu was decent all-around (I know, nominating an Alpha? How could I?)
So was Detective
Bleeder was the official XMP hax0r-extraordinaire.
Too-Gay was my idol (kidding!)
D2A was under-appreciated (but not in a 1v1)

Shadow had GoBot and Scar (One or both of them may be European, I don't remember!)

Green was a legit player!

Berserk was the king of trick-jumping

NBK had Lei

I'm sure more names will come to me, but for now I'm gonna get some shut-eye. I don't want to sleep through ALL of my classes tomorrow.

Mar 6, 2004
Thraxx was pretty good tech, sometimes i swear he had to have been using that exploit where everything is 1 hit kill. He could be 200 feet away and i he could still kill me, i remember 1 time on Nakoja he was at the bottom of the hill in the middle of the map where the spawn point is (left of the jugger), and i was at the far end tree and i died in 2 shots.:lol:

nb_steel

Kill Xmp I Kill ¥ØÚ!!!
Aug 23, 2005
I vote det. The only person i have not beat in a true 1v1 duel. I've beaten both red and kotton as ranger. red was the runner up to det in my opinion. I agree with whoever said that the players were good when the game came out (not in the mood to look back sorry), but other players caught up to them... just not in time for the clan scrim age of xmp, which in reality only lasted, what, 4 months after its release. Detective I think is by far the best all around xmp'er. Nept is the best tech though. I would love to have a lan with the best players from both Euro and US to see who is best overall. Would be quite interesting. As far as players that were 1337 in the day and suddenly suck now, and simply say, I haven't played in years. I think that other people would agree with me by saying BS. Right now is not my prime. I used to be better. But I don't magically suck after a long break from xmp. People from the day that can come on now, and still kick some ass I think are more genuine players. Sorry if your one of those, " I haven't played in years" people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2004
I've never been good at XMP so i can't be one of those "havn't played in years" people. But i am worse then i used to be (i guess mostly due to the level of competition? those awesome players don't play anymore), but off and on i can be unstoppable. Like when i rejoined alpha and was named Shake. I dominated whoever was left of XMP, then i left and slowly became crap...if it's all a mind thing i guess it's because i wanted to kick everyones ass compared to now. I wish i had 1/10th the skill of the truely awesome players, though. I'm just overrated and make excuses to why i am sucking when in reality there is no excuse at all. I try my best to not use excuses anymore. If you are truely good, then you wont have a reason for excuses. I used to be awesome in UTXMP back when i joined BBF, then it faded after my excuse of "ping went up to 100 from 60".

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I vote det. The only person i have not beat in a true 1v1 duel. I've beaten both red and kotton as ranger. red was the runner up to det in my opinion. I agree with whoever said that the players were good when the game came out (not in the mood to look back sorry), but other players caught up to them... just not in time for the clan scrim age of xmp, which in reality only lasted, what, 4 months after its release. Detective I think is by far the best all around xmp'er. Nept is the best tech though. I would love to have a lan with the best players from both Euro and US to see who is best overall. Would be quite interesting. As far as players that were 1337 in the day and suddenly suck now, and simply say, I haven't played in years. I think that other people would agree with me by saying BS. Right now is not my prime. I used to be better. But I don't magically suck after a long break from xmp. People from the day that can come on now, and still kick some ass I think are more genuine players. Sorry if your one of those, " I haven't played in years" people.

BTW no offense Crisis but you were not that good untill you joined +D+, then after you were someone else. I could always take you in a 1v1, how sad is that.:lol:

edit- BTW the lan thing, it would probably be Euro. Euros have some of the best gamers on the planet. Japan is probably the most talented place for gamers. Speaking of Japan...i was told there was this Japanese guy who was new to XMP but was pro, came to an american server and destroyed everyone, including quite a few of the good players mentioned. The guy could CONSTANTLY break 30K kills a map, and he doubled or trippled the score of everyone else.

Last edited:

BlueX

Soldier
Nov 21, 2004
www.nightfallsnow.com
30k kills a map? thats pretty exaggerated killer. and there is no proof of this so how can you tell if its true. regardless though, this is north american hall of fame.

Mar 6, 2004
I said it's what i heard, so take it with a grain of salt. Ask pinkey about it.

The 30k every map was exaggeration, but him being the best of the server and dominating it was not. If you are gonna tell a story, you might aswell beef it up alittle.

Last edited: