JetPack for Unreal 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Remember the Jumppack item in unreal2 and that it doesn't work? Well, it actually does,but it was under a wrong parentclass to begin with as it turned out. I made this in August, but this can be really good to play with and summon. text file is included. It works just fine and yes it is very different from XMP jumppack, this is more of a real jetpack than doublejump. Try it out and see for yourself.

JetPackforU2.rar
Another link(our host)
JetPackforU2.rar

Last edited:

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
Remember the Jumppack item in unreal2 and that it doesn't work? Well, it actually does,but it was under a wrong parentclass to begin with as it turned out
Not true... In the code U2JumpPack is marked as currently unused... Just override call to Level.Game.PickupQuery in ValidTouch, change default staticmesh and will work.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Not true? I think I tried overriding the validtouch function, the problem became with the actual inventory which was under powersuit, either way you could only get it if the charge of the suit was higher than the one you had. It makes more sense to have it under the powerup instead of powersuit and it works perfectly, it seems like a clear source tree mistake to me and nobody bothered to correct it since they didn't use it anymore.
Makes perfect fucking sense if you ask me, especially if theres the validtouch check because it checks if you have powersuit othrwise you would not be able to use the jetpack, which makes sense from gameplay view as well, since its like somethig you add to the suit itself.

Last edited:

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
Makes perfect fucking sense if you ask me...
Nope, is not...
...especially if theres the validtouch check because it checks if you have powersuit othrwise you would not be able to use the jetpack...
This check is in U2JumpPackPickup...
Sorry for destroying your precious 'soap bubble', but there is no point in extendong from PowerSuitPickup (PowerSuitMediumPickup..?)... 'especially if' original code is working and is in the right place.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Lol extending powersuitmediumpickup? Yes but that is the not working leftover i had in the package for testing. The real stuff is exj.exj. exjp is the stuff i expertimented with before. exj.exj is the real thing giving a pickup for the exjpack, which extends powerup.
exjp and exJumpPack classes are the leftovers in the package when I was simply experimenting with the thing, sheesh. I thought I made clear that this is not a clean release or anything like that, but I thought it would be interesting for players to finally try how the jumppack was supposed to work.
And you are still horribly wrong, because there is a code in the u2jumppack itself checking for the same thing as in u2jumppackpickup in prebeginplay. Arrogance much? Now who has the soap bubble huh? Sheesh. Seems like I've done my research better after all.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
Research..? I've spent 10 minutes to find the issue, next 10 to prove my theory - no need the research for simple issue hunt. Do me a favor, only uncomment lines 73 and 74 in PowerSuit class, compile U2 package and do the test...
Anyways, i don't care if somebody will or not using your stupid workarund - stupid because you're unable to understand why U2JumpPack is a part of PowerSuit (maybe you need more research...). I've made my point - nothing more, nothing less - and further discussions on this topic are pointless.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
But that is all the way in the PowerSuit and one would need to reinstate the function again, besides why cannot it be just a powerup with a check if the player has powersuit? That's what makes sense. But I do get your point, however. You could have been less ignorant at that. Then again I made clear that this is not a clean mod release and besides, I am not THAT familiar with u2 classes as with original Unreal, so I'll give it to you in this case. I did not notice the commented out lines originally in powersuit handlepickupquery so yeah.
I admit I could have looked up the parentclasses better in that case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.