Is there a way to control GIB size from monsters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
I have a mutator that randomly makes monsters attributes change, like speed, health, size, etc...

However, when the monster size is increased lets say doubled for the sake of argument, the gibs are HUGE. They even seem to be more than double, in any event they are way too big and block the map.

Is there a way to override the gib size? I have tried some stuff, but it seems like that happens inside the monsters own class definition. I am not sure what more to try.

I will keep looking, but if anyone can help that would be great!

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
the size of gibs is figured way back in Pawn and cant be altered without replacing the monster. Mutators cant touch them either, cause theyre irrelevant clientside effects...

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
The calculation for the gib size is in the SpawnGiblet function, which is part of the Monster class.

Is there a way to extend the Monster class, override the SpawnGiblet function (fix the f'd up math), and then after a monster is spawned reassign the class of the monster to the new extended class?

I realize you may be rofl'ing right now, but I hate giving up on something that seems so simple...

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Not unless you want to rewrite EVERY monster that is or will be... Since each monster is a seperate pawn class its going to be quite the task to manage something like that. Its better to just write it off as unfixable and move on.