New scoring system... Proximity=teamwork?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Maybe all you "you can't have teamwork on publics" people are new to on-line gaming. That would explain a lot.

Ofcourse you could also just be plain old stupid... another pheasable answer.

TEAMWORK WORKS ON PUBLICS, JUST NOT WITH DICKS LIKE YOU GUYS.

****ING **** **** MORON ****ING ****ERS!!!!

RAAAAAAGHH!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

screw respect, people who'd feel intellectually threathened by most of my household appliances don't deserve respect.

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
Originally posted by Cholo Grande
Get in some clan matches. You don't know what teamplay is.
Dude, I have had loads of clan matches in other games, and team work is team work no matter what game is being discussed. I was in two different OGL #1 clans for 4v4 Quake 2 OSP Tourney Instagib Clans. The second clan I was in even had #1 spot on PG for about a month or so. Don't go dissing my ideals of team work when you have absolutely not clue one, no ticket for the clue bus and fresh out of clue cola. You just don't get it and I guess you never will. Team play will not develop on a pub UNLESS YOU TRY. I play CTF in pubs all the damn time and I see team work all the damn time. Whenever people like you join a server with your type of attitude, the game goes to complete and utter sh!t. You are the proverbial <i>wrench in the works</i>; you are the problem. If it was not for people like you who just give up, there would be team work. Why not become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Whenever I join a server, I always choose a partner, whether he has asked for it or not. I provide cover fire for him if he needs to move out and I cover his backside. If I go with a group of people, I do the same thing. It really is not that difficult to try!

Sup?

GHOST Commander
Apr 1, 2001
ghost.clanpages.com
Thank you Fur, you don't know how much that hurts coming from a 13 year old on summer vacation. Surprised it took you so long to reply! Is AOL giving you problems again?

WizBiz

GHOST Commander
Apr 28, 2000
USA
ghost.clanpages.com
Fur, how about hopping up on the handle bars of your sisters bike and have her drive you to the local candy store. You obviously are missing something(sugar maybe) out of your diet to be such a coplete dick to everyone who disagrees with you.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Teamwork is important to me, and this is a team game. So those who want it to turn into a fragfest can go and jump off tall buildings onto pointy objects.

So far not a single game has succeeded in becoming a actual team game because of these "people".
They immediately start their whining about "but it's not fun" and other insightfull comments like "frags are fun" and ofcourse "if you want teamwork join a clan" as if we pub players don't have a right to decent games.

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Originally posted by The_Fur
Teamwork is important to me, and this is a team game. So those who want it to turn into a fragfest can go and jump off tall buildings onto pointy objects.

So far not a single game has succeeded in becoming a actual team game because of these "people".
They immediately start their whining about "but it's not fun" and other insightfull comments like "frags are fun" and ofcourse "if you want teamwork join a clan" as if we pub players don't have a right to decent games.
Very true. I will NOT join a clan, does that not entitle me to a good clean game with teamwork and fun? Looks like it doesnt. :(

{PhD}Teutonic

Doctor of Phragology
Aug 6, 2000
www.phragdoctors.net
It amazes me how many non-team players extole the virtues of teamplay. If you are so damm interested in teamplay, and you have the talent, then why not join one of the many teams/squads/clans that are out there expressly for that purpose?

Its rather sad how many of the INF Forum regulars complain about rushers, proners, naders, Rambo tactics, and the utter lack of teamwork on public servers, but you rarely (if ever) see them online.

Teamplay can only exist if you KNOW YOUR TEAMMATES!

After you have played on a map 30 times with the same group of guys, you instinctively know what weapons they use, how they move on the map, what areas they cover etc. You also know the strengthes and weaknesses of a particular map, where the bottlenecks are to snipe your enemy, what areas to avoid, etc.

During practices you work on different strategies for a particular map; what to do against campers, or rushers, how to play when you are down rounds, and how to play when you are up, etc.

Public servers can be fun, (I own one myself), but you will never get a true Teamplay experience on one playing with strangers/newbies/assholes, all of which drop in during the course of a map.

So if you want to prove your opinions as valid, gather some teammates, practice, and then challenge an established team to a scrimmage and then lets see where the chips fall.

Sup?

GHOST Commander
Apr 1, 2001
ghost.clanpages.com
Who are these "people" you speak of Fur? If you are referring to anybody from MUF or GHOST you couldn't be more wrong, we are all about teamwork. We just concentrate our teamwork committment in clan matches where you have control of the teamwork. On public servers I strive to kill the badguys, is that not attempting to help my team? Or do I have to stick around 3 other guys waiting to be taken out with a single frag trying to "pretend" to play teamwork? Just curious, it's all I could up with being a tree! LOL

On another note, I think a little more respect should go out to people from clan's like MUF and SOB. They have dug deep into their pockets and sacrificed a lot of their time for the INF community. One certainly doesn't think that these servers are free do they? If these 2 clan's hadn't shelled out the time and money for this community, the community would be limited to playing with strictly Patrick and Taylor, posting on this message board (which wouldn't hurt some), and playing on less adequate servers. (There are a couple of good servers out there besides SOB and MUF).

MoNDoGuY

Groin grabbingly good!
Apr 5, 2001
CANADA!!!!!
ghost.clanpages.com
Let me try to clear things up for both sides, since I share the feeling of both.

First of all, I've been in a CS clan. CS teamplay is nothing like INF. There is a alot more at stake in INF. So you shouldn't really compare DM/non-realism type games to INF, Nevermore (which is a great band btw :))

For those of you who want real teamplay, the only way we will get this is with a good Comm system. Either something like RW/Battlecom or just voice commands in the game. Which I think could be done much better than the current system. I want good teamplay on pubs too, you just won't see it happen like the way you want it. I've tried buddying up with poeple on pubs, 50% of the time it works, 50% of the time they don't pay attention to me.

Now just to show how important good communication is the key to teamwork. In clan matches with GHOST, we use a voice comm system called Battlecom. With this we know where everyone is at all times. Now sometimes it crashed, when this happens teamwork becomes MUCH harder. We can still function, but to put it simply, a team without voice comms Vs a team with voice comms is going to lose everytime.

Now, when I join a pub I'm looking to have some fun, and I've made quite a few friends. I try to play with teamwork in mind but it's not my primary objective. Sometimes I just like to let lose, grab my AKMSU-only loadout and rush like a f00. If I die I don't care because I'm having fun.

So in the end...the only way we will see real teamwork on pubs is to have a good comms system, untill then it will only be a dream. IMO CS had a good comm system, I'd to see something like that brought to INF.

Status
Not open for further replies.