UED Locks Up Whole Computer...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DexterII|PuF

Boy Genius
Apr 10, 2001
Laboratory
www.dexterii.com
Ok I've been mapping for some time now and have never had serious problems with UED. But recently I just formatted my Hard Drive. And reinstalled UT and UED. I noticed I don't have Unreal.exe anymore but I think I had it last time because I installed UT with an older disk. I have all the bonus packs and everything. Now when I load UED and map a little every once in a while it locks up when I'm in 3d view and moving the camera backwards.

Also I switch video cards but I updated all the drivers and everything and it's my original card cause the new one didn't seem to load UT fast enough and wasn't using its on board memory. But UED used to work fine with this card. Anyone know how to help?

First, are you running the 436 patch? If not, get it from the files area here on PU. Second, if you are in 3D supported rendering, you may need to switch to software rendering for the editor if you have a 32MB or 64MB RAM config, especially if the CPU on the machine is aging and not hitting full clock speed (check that by going into UnrealTournament\System folder and looking for detected.log, a simple ASCII text file which can be opened in Notepad on Windows machines). If none of this helps, then you may want to try a full scandisk & disk defrag. Just becuase you formatted the drive doesn't mean there aren't still errors on the drive which need to be fixed.

Hope this helps. :)