DM-Arachi-Final Feedback??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArtCrazy

Apr 27, 2010
Alright so this is the outstanding result of 200 hours of work and my 11th map. Let me know what you all think. A true mapper thrives on feedback.

This sentence is totally 100% un-needed, but the download link is below along with the oh so appealing screenshots.
Here. I'll even Show you where...

Download Link To FileFront:
http://www.filefront.com/16293995/DM-Arachi-Final.zip

INSTALLATION:
unzip to find these files...
dm-arachi-final.ut2 (goes into your Maps folder)
massacre.usx (goes into your Static Meshes folder)
...And you're set to kill.

The oh so appealing screenshots of DM-Arachi-Final:
(4 additional Screenshots can be found at the link below.)
http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=7744

Attachments

• SS2.png
    SS2.png
    881.8 KB · Views: 17
  • SS3.png
    SS3.png
    935 KB · Views: 14
  • SS1.png
    SS1.png
    903.5 KB · Views: 14
  • SS7.png
    SS7.png
    850.2 KB · Views: 14
  • SS4.png
    SS4.png
    927.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
screenshots look good and I'll try and check this map out soon. I see you posted at Unrealplayground and that's a good thing because as you can see not many things going on at this Insite forum. You may try posting at the Epic forums also.:)

ArtCrazy

Apr 27, 2010
lol. you are right my friend.
and good advice.
i appreciate it.
ill probly head right over there.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Forgot one thing: even though the .ut2 kinda tipped me off that the map was for UT2004, any place else you post a thread about this map that doesn't have a specific section for UT2004 (like here) you might want to indicate it is for UT2004 somewhere (I would do it in the title of the thread). If I don't review the map this weekend, then definitely sometime next week.:)

ArtCrazy

Apr 27, 2010
okay so i spent about 12 hours making realistic lighting for it. (along with more detail.) haha. here's the link to DM-Arachi-Final-Relit.

http://www.filefront.com/16336195/DM-Arachi-Final-Relit.zip/

And here are some screenshots.
I did the best i could with these screenshots. Some areas when i would screenshot them wouldnt show how it is ingame... so i had to be very selective. But here are a few.

Attachments

• SS1.png
    SS1.png
    891 KB · Views: 11
  • SS2.png
    SS2.png
    808.8 KB · Views: 8
  • SS3.png
    SS3.png
    693.9 KB · Views: 9
  • SS4.png
    SS4.png
    868.3 KB · Views: 10
  • SS5.png
    SS5.png
    843.5 KB · Views: 9

ArtCrazy

Apr 27, 2010
lol i was wondering when you'd get back to me. lookin forward to that. thanks for the link update, man. :)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
wow, one crazy map!

First, seriously though, make sure you put the link to the latest map version in the initial thread post. Second, WTF, a lot of stuff going on in this map one play through does not allow me to figure everything out. This one looks good and I like the pools in the middle of ramps (don't see this very often), as well as the translucent ledge and wall. On top I liked the slow fires, lights and spiked spires as well as the ceiling textures. On the bottom I liked the the various pool floor designs and dripping water. Good gameplay with the bots kicking my a$$ on default settings especially when they have Vrykolalas, Garrett and SkaarjQueen in the same match. The weapon placement looks good, but I didn't like trying to get the rocket launcher with it just out of reach but I eventually figured that one out. This might be one of those maps that people either love or hate; I love it so far.:)