Steam Group for UT99/UT2004 (415 Members, hosting now for a year and a half)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
Some of you may remember me posting a thread like this earlier, and I might risk getting in trouble for posting essentially the same thread, but my group is totally revamped now, and I thought to hell with it, people should know.

I was always a huge fan of UT, going back to first playing UT99 at a friend's house, then getting UT2003 for Christmas shortly after, and UT2004 later. I played for years, usually with bots, messing around on other servers, but eventually, my computer was getting worn out by it and I just sorta stopped for about two years.

Then two years ago, I got a new computer, I mean this thing is amazing.

So I thought, "Hmm, I wonder how UT3 would run on this." So I tried it, and it ran beautifully. Then I got to thinking about playing UT99 and UT2004 again. I thought about it for a week, not wanting to get back into them just to drop them, but something compelled me to reinstall them.

I spent about two weeks downloading maps, setting up redirects, editing files, advertising across the internet, and finally, launched two servers for UT2004 and UT99.

I've been hosting them for about a year and a half now, and my group now has about 415 members.

Server IP: 24.161.47.148

I currently have a schedule for hosting, which is on X days, I host UT99 from 4-10PM EST, and on Y days, I host UT2004 from 4-10PM EST. This is just due to how my day works out. However, I'm trying to find a way so that I can host both UT99 and UT2004 at the same time, but that'll require changing the ports for one of them, not sure how to do that.

Once that's done however, I'll be hosting UT2004 and UT99 nonstop, 24/7. On weekends, or days when I'm really getting into it, I'll host both in one day.

My servers are plain, vanilla UT, once in a while I enable a mod for the group to just mess around, we have custom maps, and I spent last night uploading each and every one (over 100) to the free redirect.

My group has come along way I think, I used to not even have a schedule, people relied on me to just host everyday and give them my word for it.

I hope you guys weren't bored to death by this, and if you're looking to join the group, here's the link.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal

If you wish to get into contact with me, post a comment in the group comments section, email me, whatever's convenient for you. Read the announcements list to keep up to date with what I'm doing with the group.

Speck's Unreal Tournament - YouTube