Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
The times when someone gets one-hit killed due to the bug is also when you ussualy can see corpses flying around.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Wow. Client-side hit detection? Without latency compensation?

I thought we sort of stopped doing that after 1995?
edit: Also, good to see people are still on about consolization around these parts. Wouldn't be a BuF discussion without it.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The 'consolisation' comment is kind of legitimate, since client-side handling of things like hit detection is woefully common in console games and why things like lag-switches built into controllers are so prevalent.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
How big are the supposed 'large scale maps', because I was watching some jet game play and the Caspian map itself looks like 2 or 3 blocks wide.

Caspian border has I think 5 small village things, ranging from pretty small (three or four buildings) to about 4 blocks large, each being about 1,000m away from each other or so. It's pretty freaking large. Yeah, a Jet can span the length of it pretty quickly, but, you know, it's a jet.

Here's an idea: download the beta and give it a quick try. It's free and open.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
That is exactly what happens. This also leads to hackers just telling the server "OK, i just killed the entire enemy team with C4" and guess what, they all die.
The EA/DICE didn't learn a damn thing from BC2 as the same thing happened for a while. They had to scramble to fix it and it still took about a month for them to push out the fix

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Caspian border has I think 5 small village things, ranging from pretty small (three or four buildings) to about 4 blocks large, each being about 1,000m away from each other or so. It's pretty freaking large. Yeah, a Jet can span the length of it pretty quickly, but, you know, it's a jet.

Here's an idea: download the beta and give it a quick try. It's free and open.

Well no it was just that the jet did a dive bomb and I must have seen one of the villas with lots of green space around it and I thought 'I hope that is not the entire size of the map'.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Load of new trailers and someone got game early. Third video features first SP mission (minor spoiler alert), played on Xbox 360. Looks good to me.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7GVSx7yMaA[/M]
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedRhcpOsuU[/M]
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP5o04OXIIg[/M]

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
That is a pretty clever TV ad, I must say. Does a good job of highlighting how great the game looks in a way that will definitely appeal to people finding out about the game on ye old boob-tube.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The AK 74 (was it?) in that third video didn't make me feel like the guy was shooting a bullet weapon.
Dice are decent at capturing player's motion (Mirror's Edge) but when it comes to shooting... ugh.

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
It won't be on Steam. :(

I won't install EA's "Origin", so despite the awesome graphics – which will likely not run on my poor hardware anyway – I decided to look forward to a proper surrogate: MW3.

Fuck Origin!

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
It won't be on Steam. :(

I won't install EA's "Origin", so despite the awesome graphics – which will likely not run on my poor hardware anyway – I decided to look forward to a proper surrogate: MW3.

Fuck Origin!
LAWL!!! I got Origin and it works perfectly! Can't complain about it!

By the way, Origin is similar to Steam. The only obvious difference is, that Origin is by EA and Steam by Valve.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2539250 said:
LAWL!!! I got Origin and it works perfectly! Can't complain about it!

By the way, Origin is similar to Steam. The only obvious difference is, that Origin is by EA and Steam by Valve.
I haven't had any problems either, but you obviously haven't seen the endless stream of problems on sites like reddit.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
You people can install your 15 different platforms for each of your 15 different publishers. I'm going to go and sit in the corner and play whatever is left after the retardedness.