OMG they can't IN ANY WAY be serious about this

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I'm just saying one barrel, one retracting metal arm. Retracted you should a bomb, un-retracted it splits the bomb in the barrel to chunk. Two barrels isn't necessary.

Not that I care either way, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your logical explanation of the new flak cannon's asthetic ;) Decent logic, but not necessary.

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
Originally posted by Sir_Brizz
Er....detonating the shell BEFORE it fires it?
A) Do you know what would happen if someone were to shoot a bullet inside a weapon's barrel? not alone an EXPLOSIVE one.
B)
weapon_profile.php

One way that I think -AEnubis-'s explanation would work is if the front of the Flak Cannon (where the shell is held in place) has an adjustable opening, where it would expand in order to let the entire shell through when it is hit by the hammer-like apparatus at the back of the gun when using secondary fire mode while it would retract when using the primary fire mode so that when the hammer-apparatus hits the shell it would be crushed and its pieces (flak chunks) would come out only.

I still would rather have the logical yet unnecessarily complex NEW version over the old one

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Persefone said:
It´s quite a lot of surrealistic reading complaints about how unreal is Unreal

True and how true. This isn't the first time this has happened and definitely won't be the last. I'm a flak ho :eek: and like the new flak cannon. Let's wait and see how it fires.;)

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
What's with all this two barell buisness people are talking about? I dont see a glaring hint of the flak gun having two barrels anywhere.

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
Are you looking at the right picture? um.. look at the front where it fires, there are two exits, hints two barrels.

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
But that would be wierd because then the one barrel there is bent? doesn't really make sense to bend a barrel if your not gonna split it.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
->Sachiel<- said:
I think alot of people see detail as messiness instead of beauty, fortunately, I am not one of them.

Hmm, for me the weapons are like a mix between the heaviness of romanesque architecture and the over-decorative side of gothical architecture. It looks like someone has added some mechanical bits and bobs without tending to the credibility of their function.

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
->Sachiel<- said:
But that would be wierd because then the one barrel there is bent? doesn't really make sense to bend a barrel if your not gonna split it.

umm, theres nothing bent, not that i can see atleast.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
If I spent any time thinkin' up that information, I might almost be insulted.

Flak bombs didn't used to explode, they just kind of busted open. Minimal spash radius damage.

I still don't feel we should expect any weapon attributes we see in those vids to remain steady unto release.

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
It has to look like it does in UC2 because that is 1 year or so after this and as long as they don't make it as powerful as the riot shotgun in the fraghouse invasion mod this is fine

Last edited:

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
->Sachiel<- said:
I think alot of people see detail as messiness instead of beauty, fortunately, I am not one of them.
I don't see complexity and detail as messiness, I just don't see messy detail as beauty. It's like glueing a bunch of random sh*t onto tables and chairs, to add to their "beauty". Or wearing an outfit with bells, buckles, zippers, and unnecessary flaps everywhere. Sure, in the right places extra detail can look good, but in the wrong places it just looks retarded. Also, there is beauty in simplicity, too, and to neglect simplicity and overuse complexity is just wrong. it looks ugly, it looks stupid, and it does not belong in a good game.

Also, this is my beloved flack cannon! The flack cannon has a certain style, a brutal, simple, barbaric style. It's not "the newest in high technology energy excelleration systems." It's a f*cking big*ss gun that shoots big flaming hunks of metal!

Careless unartistic detail is teh suck.