Master Server is up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dusty

Jun 3, 2008
EQ2 fixed the Master Server.

MasterServerAddress=ms.aybab2u.com
MasterServerPort=27905

Just the port changed 27905 instead of 27900.

Replace this in MyU2XMP.ini:

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
CurrentMasterServer=0
MasterServerAddress[0]=ms.aybab2u.com
MasterServerPort[0]=27905
LANPort=11777
LANServerPort=10777

Dusty

Jun 3, 2008
which TXT?

In browser update server, ping and players in game.
In MyU2XMP.ini update U2.BrowserMonkey.

And No Crash.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
Hi yes sorry been meaning to post this but I wanted to be sure it was working first of all.

• Note to server admins
    You do not need to change the address that your servers uplink to, servers should still uplink on port 27900!

The reason it's now working is that the bug seems to go away when you query a slave master server (that is, one which is recieving the server list second-hand), so all I've done is run two instances of the master server program. The servers uplink to instance 1, and players should query instance 2. I know it's far from a perfect solution but since I can't actually move the master server program it's the best I can come up with.

Let me know your results, if anyone has problems with this setup I'd like to know so I can try other things, but if it works then I'm going to leave it alone.

Last edited:

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
..or just run the Update. The TXT file is updated too.

If your game is crashing because of server browser problems, you can't get to the update button.

And...changing this to port 27905 causes immediate u2xmp.exe crashes upon trying to retrieve the server list for my install. Which, is nothing more than the Community install, freshly installed.

Edit:

Ok, this is now working by doing exactly as Dusty initially stated in the first post. What I found was that I had entries also in U2XMP.ini that seemed to be interfering with the settings in MyU2XMP.ini. I simply removed everything under the section "[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]" in U2XMP.ini and it's now working as expected. Webupdate also works...now that I can get to the Game options without crashing.

Last edited:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
I tested it on my clean install. Everything works now. Thank you very much EQ2.

From a clean install, if I click Play Online from Main Menu, it crashes and exits to desktop with an error. :( To fix that...

Launch XMP, in Main Menu click Options, Game, and then there is a line titled Master Server Address with a "Change" button. Go in there and find the WebUpdate button. After a while it says WebUpdate successful, and you can now click on "Play Online" from Main Menu. You will see all servers properly. :D

By the way, I just saw another dedicated server up, by Fallout. That's the 4th server in addition to Chaptor1, EQ's, and Survivor. More servers to choose from is always nice, especially when people complain about lag or map rotation... (FreeFall Returns is awesome!)