Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr Zero

Sep 25, 2010
Grenade launcher (as in UT2004) - no thanks! Rocket launcher "grenade" mode is enough...

Mines are even more lame, completely un-Unreal. :p

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think the current weapons are fine. They just need fixes for balancing (looking at you goo gun).

And maybe a lightning gun. :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
How 'bout replacing impacthammer or having a side melee weapon like there was the chainsaw in original ut. Perhaps some kind of energy whip.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
What the Minigun (Stinger) needs for its secondary (to make it a lot more interesting) is a sort of cumulative crystal growth in a localized area whenever you shoot the secondary into a particular spot, then allow it to be detonated by firing the primary into it. I'll draw up a quick mockup sometime soon for it, but I really think that needs to happen.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Energy whip could be very interesting, mostly if we can use it against surfaces like a grappling hook, but not something to stand on, more something to move around, grab pickups and do something on vehicles, although depending on the situation you can't repell all vehicles, and most of the time using repulsion will just make you being repelled by the vehicle like if you were using an extended arm

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Actually... I'm really liking the energy whip idea too. Perhaps it could also be used to disarm others of their current weapon? There's a bunch of things they could do with it. I'm thinking of mostly employing it for mobility purposes though.

It can be balanced and it's also a very "unreal" weapon. It really is almost perfect.