StarCraft II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
[align=LEFT]BUF LEAGUE RANKING

BUF'S SC2 PLAYER LIST
Forum Username / SC Char / Code / Region

Kantham / Elkon / 551 / NA
Slainchild / Slainchild / 836 / NA
Cr4zyB4st4rd / Crazy / 225 / EU
Sindarin / Sindarin / 620 / NA
d3tox / detox / 625 / NA
Darkdrium / Darkdrium / 628 / NA
PeterVenkman/ PeterVenkman / 658 / NA
Juggalo Kyle / LoLIsh / 465 / NA
SleepyHe4d / SleepyHead / 885 / NA
daloonie / daloonie / 493 / EU
Bazzwano / bazzwano / 797 / SEA
toniglandyl / toniglandyl / 512 / EU
[VaLkyR]Anubis / Anubis / 820 / EU[/align]

[align=RIGHT]
scii.png
[/align]
[align=LEFT]
PM me or drop it in the thread to get yours listed here.

1- Name
2- Code (You can find it when clicking friends)
3- Region (NA, Euro, ETC)[/align]

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
ZOMG ZEEEEEEEEERRRRRRG RUSH!!!11

They added a load of vids.

:notworthy:

IGN video player sucks crap nuggets.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The thing I find interesting about what I've seen so far is how intense it all seems to be. The speed seems to be the same as the first StarCraft, but there's so much more going on. there's tons of abilities and tactics that you have look out for, and battles appear to be much larger. A lot of units on screen at any time compared to past blizzard games. It's a lot to keep track of at once. We'll all have to become fast mouse clickers to keep up with this one.

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
the thing is im sure they did a lot to the interface to reduce the mouse clickage that was notorious for SC1 (can you say 12 unit max selection?)

also did you see? when he selected three of those huge terran siege robot things, giving them the command to bombard three different areas just included clicking in those areas (and probably like a shift key), there will definitely be shortcuts and things that make the game less clickfesty than the original (which is what made the original suck imho :p)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
the thing is im sure they did a lot to the interface to reduce the mouse clickage that was notorious for SC1 (can you say 12 unit max selection?)

also did you see? when he selected three of those huge terran siege robot things, giving them the command to bombard three different areas just included clicking in those areas (and probably like a shift key), there will definitely be shortcuts and things that make the game less clickfesty than the original (which is what made the original suck imho :p)
It'll never become less clickfesty; that's why it's popular. If it suddenly required less actions per minute the Koreans would forsake it immediately!

Controlling lots of units + less clicking + queuing up commands shift = Supreme Commander. SC will always have tons of clicking.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I don't think there is much point in comparing SC and.. SC.. man, I only just realised starcraft and supcom have the same abbreviation.. anyway.. I feel supcom sets itself apart to such a degree that it's not fair to pick one "instead" of the other.

I enjoy supcom far more than cnc3 and whatnot, but I'm still looking forward to sc2 and will probably pick it up on release. I <3 zerg and cant wait to spam 3d zerglings.

It will be interesting to see if Blizzard can meet expectations on such a big release, being a followup on one of the most popular games in history. I'm pretty sure that even if they make the perfect rts with pristine balance on a flawless engine, you're gonna have people crying it doesn't "feel" like the old one.

Edit: And speaking of zerg, I was looking at this pic (taken from here, in my defense) earlier and thinking if they put some incisors at the end of those feet and spiderlegs at the base, it'd make a sweet new unit.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
SupCom's abbreviation was never SC. SC's too big to try and use the same one. :p

I'm not comparing them; they're way too different. If you want a clickfest rock-paper-scissors RTS, you go SC. If not, look into SupCom.

I'd say SC2 is a rather risky game to make. In the end, it's all about sales rather than how many people end up playing. The game's hype is ridiculous, so I'm sure it'll sell just fine.

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
yeah i think i was wrong using the word clickfest, what i ment was that you would be able to get more stuff done (like deeper and larger scale stuff, such as special skills and moving larger groups of units) with less clickage.

And dude, if they're coming out with an SC2 after that long and it's already looking good on video, and they gonna take their time perfecting it, it's gonna be good no matter what even if fanboys bitch about it. I am definitely looking forward.

Donno much about supcom, i tried it out but it's kinda gay imho :lol: it gets repetitive REALLY fast. cnc3 is not that bad i think, it's just a dumbed down version of starcraft in many ways :p although it does have some cool new features like the whole power economy thing

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
There is one thing about this game that will make it worth it, even if every other aspect of gameplay sucks.

LOOK AT ALL TEH ZERGLINGS!!!!!111!!!one!one!eleven!one!!!

I am a big zerg fan, and the idea of 3 billion zerglings on the field all at once is like my wet dream.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
The thing I find interesting about what I've seen so far is how intense it all seems to be. The speed seems to be the same as the first StarCraft, but there's so much more going on. there's tons of abilities and tactics that you have look out for, and battles appear to be much larger. A lot of units on screen at any time compared to past blizzard games. It's a lot to keep track of at once. We'll all have to become fast mouse clickers to keep up with this one.

If your not used to that then I suggest you practice on Warcraft 3 for a while. Has Blizzard said any release yet?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I hope to God there's no unit select limit. I hate being able to only select 12 or so units at once. If any game wants me to throw it in the trash, all it's got to do is not allow me to select as many units as I want. I'm no RTS pr0, and such a limit makes it exceedingly difficult to play with just the mouse, which is what I like to do in RTS. I can't be bothered with all this grouping nonsense just to move 30 units across the map. D:

I think RTMM - Real Time Micro Management works better.
I don't disagree, but at the time SC was as strategic as it got. Just because games have come out since that focus more on the strategy and less on the micro doesn't mean the whole genre can be reclassified. :p

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I don't classify it as that because newer games are less OMG CLICK CLICK CLICK FAAAAAASTish (and I yet have to play SubCom) but because even back then strategy just didn't seem right.

KillStreak

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
meh SCII

im more excited about Warhammer Online, supposedly coming out this summer. dont see that happening though.