I need advice on getting a good graphics program

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
I want to create .jpg blocks of text. And be able to make fancy lettering and drop in borders, graphics, and backgrounds.

I need a program that is easy to use and not too expensive.

This is what I made with basic Paint Shop Pro. It is used as a graphical link to another page. It is too plain and the red lettering displays faded and choppy on some computers. So bacically this is crap.

ReflecTOC-2.jpg

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Photoshop

Now I normally don't advocate this, but the best graphics program is easily Photoshop, and Adobe knows this.. it is a great injustice that they decide to charge so much, so that's why I say just warez it! I did, I admit it

I made this banner w/ Photoshop... some of my better work:
banner.jpg

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Under Windows I use Adobe Photoshop. Of course, like most others, I also could not afford it, even at the discounted rate they give students.

Under the *nix's (Linux, FreeBSD, etc) I go for The Gimp, which is free and every bit as powerful as Photoshop for non-print material.