CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Too bad I can't get a decent FPS while recording.
1. "/record filename" in the console.
2. End recording with "stoprecord".
3. Load "ModWarfare" in the main menu mods option.
4. Use "/demo filename" in console.
5. Record playback with fraps.
6. Add 1337 effects and techno/heavy metal music with video program.
7. SUCCESS?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
The best way is to know where the enemy is at, and where to hit it. I tend to flank them as much as I can, especially when an opportunity shows up. I would record myself playing, but then Fraps lags it down to a weirdish 60 FPS that feels more like a 35-ish

My loadout:

M4 w/ Red dot sight
Brandolier
Stopping Power
Deeper Impact

I shot people trough walls very, very often so this is my way to go. I rarely tend to run dry with Brandolier. I don't run and gun much, the way I play is move in to a different spot every 3-4 kills I make. Except some ridiculous spot in Crossfire where people doesn't mind much about you.

If you want to know what happened in this game, it was like shooting at running rats 8-10 kills every magazine once. It's still enough adrenaline going on when you see a bunch of nade and bullet spam coming at you after they know your location, I made it to a very hax-like avoidance tonight without getting called a cheater, but rather a camper and ****er. Too bad I can't get a decent FPS while recording.

Do what NRG said, but you don't have to fraps it, just send me the demo via xfire or something.
drugscocaine is my xfire or if you are in the buf xfire group just look for me, the name i use is Canadian. You can send me the demo and i'll load it on the demo player i use to watch my matches. I'm trying to put my demos on youtube, i think i know the reason it's not working...i am importing it to windows movie maker, before i tried to load the demo file. Need to import into collections so it becomes a windows movie maker file, then add clips, save, upload to youtube, win! atleast i hope it works like that. I've tried everything else.

Get demo player from

http://www.cybopat.net/vb_cod4player_eng.php

Mar 6, 2004
7. SUCCESS?

BTW it's /record in the console, then /stoprecord at the end of the match. The game runs without lagging, so at normal pace. Use demo player to open and find the demo file (cod4/main/demo), it loads the game automatically, so it's much easier then the other way. For some reason it always loads shipment, then changes back to your map you recorded. Then while the demo is playing you fraps it right there, then go to the fraps folder and find your clips.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm trying to put my demos on youtube, i think i know the reason it's not working...i am importing it to windows movie maker, before i tried to load the demo file. Need to import into collections so it becomes a windows movie maker file, then add clips, save, upload to youtube, win! atleast i hope it works like that. I've tried everything else.
You have no idea how computers work, do you? :lol:

Files don't magically become other files. D:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Last night I did something that brought me a few lulz. Crossfire TDM, normal mode, I'm running AK-47 + Jugger. I come up from the bottom on the right and peek over the wall by the bus. I know there's at least two dudes there or near it, one of whom is crouching about midway down the length of the bus and another near the front. I aim at him and let some bullets fly, knowing that I'm gonna get two of them because they're lined up for me.

Before I know what's going on I've managed to kill four enemies before I've let go of my mouse button. Four dead in a matter of seconds. In a 5v5 game. Somehow I got there in the moment four of them were lined up perfectly from the bus back to the little alleyway up top, and I took them all out with half a clip. And I wasn't even using Stopping Power, and there's about two feet of clearance where this is actually possible. It was ridiculous. Wish I had a demo. +40 isn't something you see often on your screen even with air strikes and whatnot, let alone a non-Stopping Power gun. D:

No, i am worse with computers then my cod4 skillz.:D
It's apparent. YouTube and other video applications take -- get this -- video files. There are various ways to get actual video files from CoD4 demos, and NRG's is one of them. You don't have to use Fraps, though; Xfire or the command /cl_avidemo would do it too. Though with the latter you'd need to assemble the screenshots on your own with VirtualDub. And then compress them. And edit it accordingly. It's probably way too complex for you, tbh. :p

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
7. SUCCESS?

Do I really need to enter the file name? Or can it just auto-name it itself so I can set a bind key for it?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
With a keybind it'll name them 'demo####.dm_1' but it might be better to name them yourself so you don't end up with a ton of demos you need to watch just to figure out WTF they are.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'd just leave the game every 3 recordings and remember which one is which, and which one had the best moments ETC, then delete them from the folder, rename the ones I liked.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I am officially done trying to get a demo on my youtube page, nothing works and when it did work nothing but a black screen and 4 hours of uploading is 1 minute 23 seconds of footage..wtf!

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Dude. OMG. CoD4 demos only work in CoD4. They are of a sepcific format that no other program knows how to use. To get a video from a demo you need to go through a bunch of steps to capture the output of the demo from within CoD4.

I would seriously recommend you taking some basic computer/Internet courses. Seriously.

Mar 6, 2004
Dude. OMG. CoD4 demos only work in CoD4. They are of a sepcific format that no other program knows how to use. To get a video from a demo you need to go through a bunch of steps to capture the output of the demo from within CoD4.

I would seriously recommend you taking some basic computer/Internet courses. Seriously.

Nah i only use the comp for playing games or surfing the net, i don't wanna learn it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ok so, can somebody tell me why the **** it keeps telling me "demo/demo000.dm_1 was not found" when it's ****ing there in the appropriate folder, and I'm trying to play this from ModWarfare?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Wow, that thing is the ****ing ****. The slow motion mode is priceless. Pretty much every audio follow the rules which is great. I like how the weapons sound on Ultra fast. :lol:

Definitively going somewhere with this. Thanks.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Well, to be fair, that's a Quake engine thing. The player app. simply allows access to things in the engine that were already there. :p

Unlike the various Unreal engines, the Quake ones are solid and polished. :)