Mod for HL2 (pimpage)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
*Begins to Make teh Wetness (but I'm not wearing any pants)* Looks pretty cool.

But I think the part that has me most excited is this part from the website's Features list.

WEE!

Feb 26, 2001
England
Get some good coder tallent ASAP, don't just model weapons and then release screenshots of the models. Make sure you get a decent coder that can be depended upon.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
What would be funny is if CS2 was exactly like INF. Anyway, I'm curious how you can start work on a mod without the game to mod for? Weird.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Sounds fun guys. Keep me informed. :p

Jaymian : well, if one day you realize that a game is a bit more than code, maps and models, you'll understand that all the initial "design" part does NOT need the engine to be done. Once the engine ships in, the team can always adjust its design plans if something that was excpected finally isn't supported or the contrary.

Last edited:

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for the interest.

Rogue Leader: Shut thine yapeth.

Snakebite: Easier said then done but we realise that. If anyone knows anyone, please point them in our direction.

Scuddie: We learned a lot about our process from P19, I'm sure we'll do better this time.

Jaymian: What Max said. :)

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
The weapons used by the rebels will all be virtually home made, so iron sights are a definate. As far as the military/police weapons there will be various systems in place (Goat is developing some really good weapon ideas) but we won't have any auto-tracking type crap. You will need to aim your weapon at least.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
OICW said:
Interesting...so, are there iron sights on any of the weapons, or do they all have electro-optical (i.e Aimpoints, Reflex sights) as standard?

You know the deflector sights in aircraft? yeah, now put that on a gun, give it an infrared range finder and make it adjust for bullet drop, kinda like a gyroscopic sight, but digital obviously, there you go, tracking computers are fun!

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Goat ****er said:
You know the deflector sights in aircraft? yeah, now put that on a gun, give it an infrared range finder and make it adjust for bullet drop, kinda like a gyroscopic sight, but digital obviously, there you go, tracking computers are fun!

Thanks Goat...incidentally, will there be EMP style weapons? I'm asking as if that's the case, it looks like firearms with backup iron sights (or fibre-optic powered devices like the Reflex/ACOG of today) will be flavour of the month ;)