A new version

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I think it's time to make one. We'd need Sentry Studios permission for that, but I think Beppo is showing up from time to time, maybe hes permission is suffice enough.

What I have in mind:
1) The basic 2.9 version and the 2.9 Bonus Pack, with the weapon pack 1.5 integrated, but patched to psytex.

2) Original camos and faces removed and psytex camos and faces used instead. I don't mean to disregard the original camos and faces, but psytex was meant to be a facelift and not an addition. New is meant to replace the old.
In order to use the psytex stuff some things need to be adjusted, like the training map requires you to have the original faces and desert camo, I guess there is some .ini that defines that, this could be changed to use the new stuff in the training map. Also, when you make an offline map, the bots need to have proper faces assigned, etc.

3) All the newest versions of mutators natively integrated, like Beppo's deploy/bandage/pistol aim mutators, Indigos work (WP files patched to WP 1.6), Snakeyes M4/AK74SU, UT compas, report direction and whatnot. Indigos mod (the one with the female character, flame thrower, etc) can be included too, the admin then will decide if he wants to use it.

That way you'd have one installation (TBT map pack could be included aswell), no need to install further things (unless something new gets released later).

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE:

Basic
- Infiltration 2.9 + Bonus Pack + Community Edition + WP1.6.1 + patched to Psytex
- Old camos/faces removed & replaced by Psytex camos/faces
- Additional content (TBT maps, 2.9CE content) moved to the base Infiltration directory structure
- BlackAKMSU removed, AimedPistols replaced by AimedPistols2

Mutators
- dukeXM8
- INF_AKS74U
- INF_G36KImproved
- INF_M4A1_RO979
- INF_M16A2Improved
- INF_SCAR_RC21
- INFm_KeepStamina
- INFwm_C7 (v13)
- INFMOD_M60
- INF co-op files
- INFColoredSmoke
- RealTargets
- UTCompass v0.94

Additional
- Added some maps
- Updated OpenGL and D3D8 drivers to most recent
- Added D3D9 driver

TO DO:

- modifying the Infiltration.ini and InfiltrationUser.ini
- Modifying Entry.unr
- Embedding an ALAudio installer to setup
- Compiling an installer

...please tell me if I forgot something!

We should complete/correct the list above to get a clean new version. I cannot upload or compile it to a proper .exe, maybe someone who can do the stuff.

Also, suggest a name. I thought to go with "Infiltration v2.97" as a hommage to INF v2.87, lol. It would be epic to name it INF v3.0, but I guess we keep it reserved for a real new version of Infiltration.

Edit: I pretty much sorted everything and updated everything I know of to newest files. I only need to change the .ini's so that bots have psytex camos ingame and add some paths to the .ini for coop stuff.

Last edited:

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

AFA Member & Beta Team Target
Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
that'd be nice.

and yeah v2.97

3.0 shall either rise like the phoenix should the time be right or be buried with the memories and ashes.

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
-XM8 (seriously, the more weapons, the more fun)
-reducing Coop Modes down to 2 (atm there are 4 listed), the standard and Unreal SP Coop
-IF POSSIBLY, reducing the amount of files and reducing the amount of folders and subfolders
-i know sh*t about UT modding, but is it possible to add for example ACOG sights from M16 to G3a3 ?
-call it v2.97^^
-and it would be great to integrate the most used muts like the ones you have listed above

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Added XM8 to list.

ACOG on a gun is part of the model and can't be used on another.

As for folder structure, I will try to minimize it, that means I'll include the TBT maps to the base inf map folder, make an extra folder for coop maps and put the appropriate path lines to the .ini, also path lines for Unreal maps (base or Unreal Gold installation), so that ppl don't need to edit the stuff on their own.

If I install INF to an empty folder and rearrange the folder structure and edit the files, add and remove stuff, etc, can I then just put it to an .exe? What is the program to use? You know, I'd like to make a new loading picture, also in the "Entry.utx" file and a new launch Icon. Not sure if I'd be allowed to do this though.

Matiwas

Jun 2, 2009
I would love to see new attatchments on old (and new) guns!
Something that IMO must be fixed (if it can be) is masterserver.

A way to "keep in touch" with others so you can ask them to join if/when you want to play. <- this is not a must but it would be nice.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Attachements can only be made if someone makes a mutator for each weapon. In short, not gonna happen.

To stay in touch we can use XploD's TS?

Master server would be nice, but I guess we had a "silent takedown" there, like with Stinkmarder co-op servers. Went off without notion.

I have a couple of questions: I'd like to change the picture in the Entry.unr file. first, how can I do this and second, would it have any version mismatches? I renamed it to get rid of the very bright picture, but I guess it is a necessary file and was downloaded in cache from the server (but it isn't shown for me anymore, which I intended).

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
FIRST TEST SUCCESSFUL!

I created that single package, made a fresh UT installation and moved Infiltration v2.9.7 into it and could instantly connect to both XploD servers. Only a couple of "unnecessary" files were downloaded (old faces and the Xmas camos and that kind of stuff).

Only one problem, I changed the audio driver back to galaxy, because the ALAudio gives me an error, even though it is installed and I have the ALAudio files in the folder. I guess it needs to be done the 2.9CE way, where the ALAudio driver is installed separatedly and the necessary lines automatically added to the .ini. Need to consult Crowze regarding this, because I downloaded the newest ALAudio driver from the net but it somehow needs to be affiliated with INF.

There are still a couple of things I want to add, but aside this INF 2.9.7 is good to go... well unless I receive no permission from Crowze/Beppo...

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Can someone just do me a favour and replace the picture in the Entry.unr file with the one attached? I tried it in UED but didn't manage to.

Attachments

• Entry.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
  • INF1.bmp
    193.1 KB · Views: 35

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Only one problem, I changed the audio driver back to galaxy, because the ALAudio gives me an error, even though it is installed and I have the ALAudio files in the folder. I guess it needs to be done the 2.9CE way, where the ALAudio driver is installed separatedly and the necessary lines automatically added to the .ini. Need to consult Crowze regarding this, because I downloaded the newest ALAudio driver from the net but it somehow needs to be affiliated with INF.

Hmmm i could only play INF only when i install INF with ALAudio. Even if i have a never version installed. Strange thing i didn`t car too much. But great news anyway !
Btw, i started to edit the old Unreal Maps a while ago to make it more INF "friendly" (falling distances, several unfair enemy encounters). If someone`s interested i try to finish some maps. Planned to add moar objects (plants etc) and other things.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I did not receive permission, but since soultaker007 made a compilation pack (here) which seems to work just fine (as Carpetsmoker confirmed), there is no need for me to do any more thing. I'm not sure if that compilation pack is as optimized for psytex (so bots have faces and camos assigned, etc) as my attempt was, but I think I am the only person who really ever cared about that anyway. I hope those who had problems with earlier attempts to install Psytex will have none with this compilation pack.

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
I did not receive permission, but since soultaker007 made a compilation pack (here) which seems to work just fine (as Carpetsmoker confirmed), there is no need for me to do any more thing. I'm not sure if that compilation pack is as optimized for psytex (so bots have faces and camos assigned, etc) as my attempt was, but I think I am the only person who really ever cared about that anyway. I hope those who had problems with earlier attempts to install Psytex will have none with this compilation pack.

Afaik Soultaker just put everything into 1 installer, don`t know if he reduced the directory structure and so on.

I do not know why the package called inf 2.97? Otherwise I think it could be quite a few things to add so that the package really contained all the additives that are designed to play the game. Also, I would be happy if this would be done but without deleting the original Camós. I hope you'll make that new package becouse I'm just adding these three things together. INF29CE_setup_full.exe,INF_15_april_2011,Psytex1.2Full.
that's all a player needs to play on servers but are still finding things that could be added.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
2.97 sounds good.

I would prefer to use FMod audio. For me ALAudio never worked so good. FMod has better 3D audio localizing.

When i tested this i used my (admitted very old) audigy soundcard and mobo audio. Audigy worked best with FMod.

Not so say do this or that, just fyi.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I thought I was clear five posts ago, I have no permission, so it's cancelled. Things like simplifying the folder structure and all these things need to be made as a new version.

I wanted to do a "one click install" as people always asked for it, but since I can't, it's just about an up to date Community Edition, which I thought you did already.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Sorry for the OT there^^

Psych, i completely get your point.

soultaker007, 2.97 would have been of nostalgic value to us who have played inf a long time. Plus, the new camo's and faces are better than the dated ones. I would have loved to see the bot's faces / camos adjusted.

Hmmm. I started playing Infiltration I think in 2002 and was the only game which I played all days.Later I played with clan Weed when she came New version 2.9 and of course IRC which was not played until the end. :( Bomba game. best of all games that were made. For me personally the best game of all casev even today. Hmm. Maybe you're right personally I just gave my Thinking it would be sad to forget the old camo's and faces what we used all of these short years.

(L3d)

Jun 30, 2011
finnaly i joined hi pps ,:cheers:
ok why dont we just get started on getting inf over to the open udk/ut3 thingy.
i did some compiling back in the day with agent-x sdk sows still its up to them ppl so maybe this is more a RO thing , but there is a free udk right or something from the ut3 ? still want to play fps terminator seems frkn good :lol:

great to join the forum and be back (sorta ,lost my old email heh)