Fecking UE3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
\Documents\My Games\Batman Arkham Asylum\xxxxxGame\Config\xxxxxEngine.ini

Ctrl+F search for bSmoothFrameRate
Turn to FALSE.

Done.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Make the file BMEngine.ini read only after you've made the change.

If that doesn't work try putting it in BaseEngine.ini if it's there already, otherwise I have no idea.

Another option would be to try editing the MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62 line in BMEngine.ini to a higher value (like MaxSmoothedFrameRate=85), it would still be capped but capped at a higher rate. Of course if the previous change doesn't stick this one might not either.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I'm trying to disable this goddam 62fps cap in Arkham Asylum, but it's doing my head in. Why did EPIC think it was so smart to split the .ini into multiple parts, and then have multiple different versions of each of those parts strewn around the hard drive? What happened to the good old days with just one file??? :mad:

Anyway, which set of .ini files is actually used? [H] said it was '..\Batman Arkham Asylum\Engine\BaseEngine.ini', but I fixed that and the motherless cap is still there.

Actually it's quite logical. Engine ones are responsible for settings, User ones for user settings, like input, etc. Game ones keeps gameplay-related settings, like how big is score limit etc.

Now, Base files (Base prefix) are default versions containing only basic settings. These are used to create default versions of config files - those are prefixed with "Default". Now the actual files that keep settings are files that have prefix of the game. For Batman that's "Bm".

The save files have to be located somewhere, where the game can have write access even when run from a non-administrative user account in Win Vista/7, and that's user's directory. Otherwise if installed by default in Program Files, the game will not save any changes.

Last edited: