PSYTEX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I just got my new hard drive from Western Digital. gotta get a Molex to SATA power converter cable and my desktop will be up and running again. No more crappy laptop framerate slowdowns woooo

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Good luck psy !!!
I never bothered to finish IGI2... :(
You had that bloody bug in the last level too ???
Damn i was so pissed off about that i couldn`t disable the rocket -.-

@Carpetsoker
Austrian humor is the best ;) but you have to understand the holy language,to understand our humor :D

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Don't worry Snakeye, i got it, and it got a chuckle out of me, so it wasn't too bad. BTW, i hope a Mutador isn't anything like a Matador, otherwise we're in trouble! ;)

Stogie, Try restarting the level, often in IGI2 if some bit of code doesn't work properly, reloading the level might fix it. I never got to the rocket, i got bored of IGI2 before that, but if reloading doesn't work, try to get all that patches?

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Keep the good work Psycho! And if possible, fix the SIG551 rearsight.. just saw the screenshot of how SS should have implemented it (its a 2002 teaser) and it makes me wonder!
shot0066.jpg

And by the way, is there a IGI2 mod that features ironsights? Never finished IGI2 cus I got hooked by INF and True Combat (and Cod) and could play anyelse realistic FPS game without irons... =\

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Corporal_Lib [BR]:
The SIG rearsight is a little problem, the model uses the same texture part for the rear, sides and top of the sight, so if I fix it for the rear it will inevitably look wrong at the sides, but I guess the rear is more important.
Since the SIG is considered a (good looking :D) placeholder in the first PsyTex release, things are to improve there.

@IGI2:
That last rocket level is the worsed level in IGI2 and a preatty weak outro to the (almost) great game, pitty.
As for glitches, that chinese castle level (which is awesome) had glitches the two times I played that game, some guards could spot me no matter what, I just identified who that was and eliminated them before proceeding.

Ironsight mod for IGI2 would be awesome, but ironsights are of less importance to me there, it is more about stealth and so.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
A little update and teaser. The new vest is almost ready, little details are to be worked on, but the annoying parts are done.

[screenshot]http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5245/teaser01jp4.jpg[/screenshot]

The testing vest is black, but the next camo release will of course finally feature green/camouflaged vest, DTAS/EAS ready.

I was thinking, my plan was to do much more camos and have a major release, but things take time, so now that the green vest is done I could make an update to the current camos (no new camos, the same five but with green vests), so that they can allready be used for DTAS/EAS (DTAS doesn't need many camos anyway) and of course enjoyed in co-op.
Of course, DTAS/EAS feature arctic and desert environments, these need appropriate camouflage aswell, but that would come with the next (major) release then.

I think that is the best approach at the moment, a mayor release can be done any time, but in the mean time the current camos can be updated to a better shape.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Not much to show, but there's another testing screenshot I made that shows the sides. The new vest is open at the sides, which will make a black vest with the green backpack look fine, the current vests cover most of the torso and I never liked how they looked with the green backpack, which is forced on the co-op servers, because the current camos were meant to have a black backpack.

[screenshot]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7620/teaser02kq4.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The details on the vest are finalized, needs some more adjustions to the colour and brightness, but aside this it is pretty much final, time to produce camos now.

[screenshot]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/68/teaser03df0.jpg[/screenshot]

By the way, for those who wonder what vest it is, here some pictures (in my case it is the Woosatch Type E).

Last edited:

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
Very nice, I especially like the signature badge :lol:. No, really, good job.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The badge is meant to be the manufacturer logo, which is Psytex in this case. It's like you got real gear with the manufacturer brand on it, like Blackhawk, High Speed Gear, etc, so it isn't meant to be a signature, but something to make things more authentic looking, sort of.

I have very little time right now, so process is slow and it also take lots of time to improve the camos (spent 3 weeks of the last month on the US - Woodland), but I still can find a little bit time here and there to do something.

Finalized the new DPM (british camo) version, looks much better than the previous one, redrawed the pattern so it looks smooth at close up (1st person arm).
Just like the real thing it makes you invisible in a green environment (brits know how to make camouflage), if map got lighting done right.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6549/newdpmy.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]