M4A1 RO979

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Fixed it, for some odd reason the game just hated me using it on the bottom of the mutator list...

... weird...
Weird indeed.

Offtopic-ish-
Oddly enough I can't add new loadouts...
It just overwrites whatever is there and spams on my team/outfitting list. o_O

Oh and, my screen keeps flicking to windowed mode. (Just have to alt enter twice though to fix it)

... and 40mm grenades screw with my SOPMOD m4a1 so I took those out... right now.
Is any of this attributed to the mutator or are these general problems? The ammount of loadouts possible is limited to 32, might do strange things if you add more than this - the loadoutmanager mutator might help here.

Which OS are you using?

Which 40mm grenades?

As a general guideline it's a good idea to provide as much information to your troubles as possoble, as this will make it easier for people to help you. Also anything not related to a specific mutator should be put in the troubleshooting section.

Davidos

Jun 6, 2009
Using Windows Vista (Booo!) ultimate 64 bit comp more than able enough to run 50 copies of the game at once so I seriously doubt that it'll be a problem
Just for the sake of possibility

•Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition processor 965

•ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme (Intel X58 Chipset) motherboard

•6GB 1600MHz DDR3 Triple-Channel Memory

•3x NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 1024MB (3072MB in 3-WAY SLI)

•2x 120GB OCZ Solid State Drive (240GB in RAID0)

•1x 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk Drive

( Don't ask me how I got it, I'll probably say it fell off a truck x3 )

Infiltration 2.9 CE with Bonus Pack and Weapons pack 1.5 1.5.1

The New 40mm Grenades (Latest version? I have no idea)
With those activated I: Lose all my grenades (I have 2 in loadout, it says I have them on but they're all 0 <aka none apart from loaded which is HE>)
And I lose my ACOG or Reflex Sight on the M4 (Haven't tested on others)

However: When loaded first, there are no problems at all!

I guess that's just the same as for the RO979 ...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
The New 40mm Grenades (Latest version? I have no idea)
From what I can remember the new40mm mutator has some problems and is incompatible with quite some other stuff - plus it's not really used on any server I know. I do remember to have used it offline though without the described problems - but if a different mutator load order solves it then I'd just suggest you use the working one. Due to the high ammount of mutators that might or might not conflict when loaded in a different order sometimes setting up Inf can be a bit of a patience game..

Why on earth do you play Inf on THAT rig though - don't you have on old system lying around that would be better suited? BTW problems with modern hardware and UT are by no means seldom. Getting Inf to work on a modern laptop can be a harder task than you might expect..

Davidos

Jun 6, 2009
From what I can remember the new40mm mutator has some problems and is incompatible with quite some other stuff - plus it's not really used on any server I know. I do remember to have used it offline though without the described problems - but if a different mutator load order solves it then I'd just suggest you use the working one. Due to the high ammount of mutators that might or might not conflict when loaded in a different order sometimes setting up Inf can be a bit of a patience game..

Why on earth do you play Inf on THAT rig though - don't you have on old system lying around that would be better suited? BTW problems with modern hardware and UT are by no means seldom. Getting Inf to work on a modern laptop can be a harder task than you might expect..

Eheh, well, actually, it works fine!
I'm sorry, I just love Infiltration too much.
Other games almost look as if they're trying to copy it *Cough ARMA Cough Sucks Cough* ... and just don't feel as good as this game. It's so easy to set up and play!
Err... Anyway...

Yeah... Fixed the problem, apart from guns sometimes not appearing in loadout in respawn or weapon addons vanishing...

and without the new40mm it won't really be as awesome <Zomg shotgununderzehbarrel are smarts!>.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
Using Windows Vista (Booo!) ultimate 64 bit comp more than able enough to run 50 copies of the game at once so I seriously doubt that it'll be a problem
Just for the sake of possibility

•Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition processor 965
[...]

The Unreal 1 engine only uses a single thread, so it will use only one core of your fancy i7 quad-core ... Also, Hyperthreaeding is a disadvantage here, since the single core that's running UT will also run other threads.
So, as far as UT is concerned, your system's CPU power isn't *that* great (Although it's more than good enough, and certainly more than what was available at the time UT was released).

Other than this, it's a nice setup.

Davidos

Jun 6, 2009
use only one core of your fancy i7 quad-core ... Hyperthreaeding ... CPU power isn't *that* great.

TweaktweakTWEAAAAK

x3

No seriously, just visit around and you'll probably find out how to force UT to use a different Core than the ones being used, or more like make sure it doesn't overload the ones being used.

That and a simple editing here and there can probably up the CPU power quite easily!

I suggest that anyone having problems'd just... well, use google! There's some sites giving more info, can't really be bothered penning 'm down on here.

Besides, the only laptop I have is a Dual Core and the newest/oldest comp I got is a 486I Or something. Heh.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Oh, right. XploD runs 1.01Beta. It's basically identical to 1.00 but has a better use of the DLOs which assign the new40mm grenade types, which caused heavy join/respawn lag when used without new40mm package present.

I didn't bother uploading it back then, since it didn't appear to work properly (HUD problems); strangely it does worl now and I forgot to put the 1.01Beta here.

I'll update first post in a few mins..

(O.M.C)-NiTe-OwL-

(O.M.C)-NiTe-OwL-
Jun 29, 2009
westfeild N.Y
omcclan.freeforums.org
inf-standoff?

my question is would this mod work in a standoff server?im allways willing to try new weps ,to keep the game interestesting ,and fun for the infiltation guys.these days the population has droped.so if i can add some fun toys to the server,to change it up a bit.hopefully get the players to see that there is a lot to this game .like with weapon mods ,new maps ,,skins.they can see the passion and time you all spend to make this game better and as fun as it can be.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by standoff-server, but I tested it offline (single player), on a LAN (well, 2 PCs and a CrossOver :) ) and it runs on XploDs web server (although initially there was a problem on the COOP one, which has vanished without real changes - straaange..), so I'd say as long as you run Inf it should work.

BTW: I'll answer your PM later when I'm at home (and with my dev environment..)