Mutator: Inf Weapon Enhancement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Crowze said:
Er, no. AimView has nothing to do with the distance of the weapon from the player's viewpoint.

Yes, it can have something to do with the distance of the weapon from the player's viewpoint. Give a closer look to the .ini :)

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
On the Minimi: I admit I rarely use it but even with the mutie I get a lot of 'push the trigger and nothing happens' when trying to fire short bursts.

How about letting it fire continously when the break between 'bursts' was to short? The player wouldn't get the extra amount of gun control he intended, but at least he would still shot.

Should be possible to do, wouldn't it?

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Nukeproof said:
On the Minimi: I admit I rarely use it but even with the mutie I get a lot of 'push the trigger and nothing happens' when trying to fire short bursts.

Sometimes it also happens to me, but i think it's the lag / packet loss.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Maybe I failed to explain propperly:

Just for the case that you release and re-press ther button. (I think Beppo mentioned that it has technical issues because of the belt animation).

If you repress the trigger in the short 'idle/animation' time (which would lead to no bullets beeing fired at all) the gun shouldn't stop firing (hence fire continously).

The player would recognize he needs to release the button a little longer to fire real bursts and use longer 'release' next time.

Of course just detail but feels (as a rare Minimi user I admit) better to me, without beeing unrealistic (I assume)

... hope this was comprehensive ;)

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Ah, I see. Instead of not firing at all if you click fire while it's finishing off the fire animation, then it'll start firing again immediately afterwards. Interesting idea, I'll look into it (once I've fixed this annoying M4A1 problem, and done a whole load of other tweaks I want to add).

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
If we're honestly supposed to continue playing INF2.9 for the next few years (heh), somebody better compile all of these mutators / add-ons / bug-fixes into one neat little install package...

I suggested that they do this with the Bonus Weapons 'upgrade' and call it 'INF2.9.1' or something, but apparently, it was a terrible idea?

It's just getting out of hand with all of these mutators - considering there isn't one single 'Vanilla' 2.9 server out there (that I know of at least).

Jesus, I can't imagine reinstalling this game. SS owes all of the new guys at least a cookie for having the balls to download all of this **** just to try their game out. I know I wouldn't bother with downloading all of these stray files, and I have a feeling most of us wouldn't either. Especially if I hadn't played the game before.

It's bad enough going to mod pages and having to download old versions + a bunch of new patches - INF has at least three times as many 'fixes / mandatory muties' as any other mod. It really tests the patience of the individual trying to play your game.

'Mutator hell', as they say.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
crackwhore what are you talking about?
if you connect to a server it downloads all the mutators automaticly. if it wasnt for the mutators i maybe wouldnt play inf no more

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
It seems that the IWE only works on other servers... When I use IWE with DTAS 1.58, the game crashes (both offline and in my private server), if I disable DTAs, the game loads normally but the IWE doesn´t change anything (it´s like no IWe is activated at all...), no matter the place in the line of mutator it is activated...
Any clue of which mutator that is disabling (and incompactible with) IWE? I use a lot of them (aim view, microbulk, swnm, its a long list..)

Vahlemon

RRROOOOAAAARRR!!!!
Jul 17, 2004
Have you tried with the command given in the Readme to activate/deactivate IWE Corp?

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Ugh, my previous post seems to have been lost somewhere in the works.

There have been reports of IWE being incompatible with DTAS, which I'll be looking into. However, for some other changes I'm making for the new version it needs the latest Weapon Pack, so that's my priority today.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Wait...the 'new weapon pack' is your priority today, or 'making the new mutator a stand-alone thing - independent of that pack' is your priority for today?

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Nope, Val... the IWE.ini is set this way:

[InfWeaponEnhancement.InfWeaponEnhancement]
Enabled=True
RTMode=True

So I didn´t mind in using that command... is that a mandatory procedure??? I´ll try that way...[;-) (where is the UN version of brazilian camo that you promised me, huh Val??? {=)P
Happy New year for all the community, BTW! {8-D

EDIT: No Joy... the Console says IWe is enabled, but no change at all in the affected weapons! It´s possibly a incompactibility between IWE and other mutators... but which one???? :eek:

Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
UHhh... why was the MP5/40A3 recoil reduced? I have NEVER heard anyone complain that the recoil is too much. I haven't tested it yet, but I hope you made sure that the new MP5A2 has LESS recoil than the MP5/40A3, even with this "fix."

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
the mp5a2 has so little recoil that a six years old girl could fire an entire magazine, so that's not a problem. :D

Last edited: