I just wet myself

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bort

nou
May 7, 2003
Mexico
www.mexfrag.net
Damn, impeding release of Unreal Tournament: Ultra Advanced Warfare, coming for XBOX One and PS4 (PC version scheduled for Q2 2018, only on Origin)

ohboyherewego

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
When UE4 was announced there was multiple groups talking about a spiritual successor. My bet is they are setting up a UE4 project and giving it to the community to make with full permission to import assets from previous games. I guess I need to get my UE4 subscription now.

crowl

Epic User
Sep 2, 2008
www.makesomethingunreal.com
Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last visit, and I'm sorry for the long absence.

We would love to see you in the chat during Thursday's stream, and here's the forum thread where you can ask questions in the meantime.

Apologies for the legacy inquiries from the previous UE4 Tools stream.

Flak and I hope to see you soon!

All the best,
crowl

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
When UE4 was announced there was multiple groups talking about a spiritual successor. My bet is they are setting up a UE4 project and giving it to the community to make with full permission to import assets from previous games. I guess I need to get my UE4 subscription now.

That doesn't seem like something Epic would do IMO, combined with the fact that the community is fractured between old-school UT1s and dodge-jump fairy UT2004s. Still, it would be still a great incentive for people to fork some cash on the engine licenses. And for the past couple years Epic looked like being solely a engine developing company, without the resources to make a AAA title... (me scratches head)

Let's see what these guys have in store for us May 8th...

Nevzat

Jan 28, 2009
Cyprus
Holy shit shit shit shit...

i am still afraid though remembering fails like ut 2003 and ut3

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Wish this was for Unreal 2 XMP. :(

Yeah....expand a 10 year-old game type rather than release an entirely new game for the series.

Please. If you're going to look back, do it from a mountain rather than a pit.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
The most exciting thing about Mark Rein's tweet is that he's using original Unreal Tournament art.

Apr 11, 2006

I'm suspecting something along these lines as well. I don't know exactly how this will work, but since there haven't been any rumors of a UT in the works and this is being targeted towards UE4 developers it sounds like Epic is going to open up the Unreal license to community developers to make the UT game we've always wanted.

The only problem to me is that the UT community is really schizophrenic in its desires. I don't know any way to split the difference between UT, UT2004, and that space in between unless they are just different rulesets. Granted, that wouldn't be all that hard to set up, but 1 million different rulesets makes it impossible to find what you want gameplay wise as well.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I am cautiously optimistic about this. I have mixed feelings about having their content library opened up to all. I am not convinced that the community has a very good chance of creating the perfect Unreal Tournament.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I'm betting on a F2P UT with a few base maps and whatnot then the rest is community made. Kinda like how Valve adopts popular community items in TF2, officially adds them into the game, and then profits get shared.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I'm betting on a F2P UT with a few base maps and whatnot then the rest is community made. Kinda like how Valve adopts popular community items in TF2, officially adds them into the game, and then profits get shared.

Does this mean we will likely not see "free" community content in the way we did with previous games?