Evolve

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Longer gameplay:
[M]http://youtu.be/_wmklRY2JXI[/M]

This is from the developer who made L4D2 for Valve apparently. It'll be interesting to see how balanced the game is because I imagine it'd be a bit of a challenge.

It looks like it could do a good job addressing one of the problems L4D has always had: Both teams get to work together, but one gets to hunt and fuck up the other? Thus, most players preferred to play the infected and poorly coordinated survivors ragequit all the time. With Evolve, you'll get that teamwork feeling from only one side, but the other side gets to enjoy a power trip while feeling ganged up on. Hopefully as the game matures and players get better, the reverse wont happen where most people don't want to get gangbanged by five other people. Hence, balancing this game is going to be ridiculously important for the longevity of the game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This looks like taking the gameplay of Giants: Citizen Kabuto multiplayer and distilling it. Not that that is a bad thing. Giants had one of the most fun multiplayer components I've ever played.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Turtle Rock actually only developed Left 4 Dead one, when they were bought out and asked to join Valve. Most of them didn't stay with Valve, and is probably the reason why L4D2 was not up to par.

I am glad they are back to doing their own game and work.