Do you want Epic Games to hear your feedback?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
You know why people are getting heated when talking about UT3?

Because Epic is indiscriminitely deleting any and all negative feedback on their forums. They don't reply. They don't offer ANY community feedback.

It's one massive slap in the face.

Every thread I've read (or written) that dares to question the choices Epic made with UT3 is deleted. All that remains is the fluffy "I <3 epic" threads, or requests for tech support. And most of these threads haven't been antagonistic or sarcastic or argumentative. In fact they've mostly been quite polite, a sharing of opinions and suggestions. Of course delete the flames and trolls, but don't slap a mute on your dedicated community, particularly when they care enough about the series - and the money they spent on it - to offer their feedback.

Is Epic so confident of their resounding success that they no longer listen to their customers? Good luck with that.

Why have a forum if you're just going to heavy handedly censor your community?

It's hard not to take it personally, especially as most of the people who post over there are long term series fanatics. So to be unable to speak, to be silenced without so much as an explanation or ANY FEEDBACK WHAT-SO-EVER is just ignorance.

Nice to know that Epic care.

Last edited:

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
As an example, I just got deleted and a red card for posting a thread suggesting a separate suggestions forums to move complaints and proposals off general, and to let the community know Epic is listening.

I <3 Epic.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
As an example, I just got deleted and a red card for posting a thread suggesting a separate suggestions forums to move complaints and proposals off general, and to let the community know Epic is listening.

I <3 Epic.

You wouldn't have gotten a warning if you posted that suggestion in the suggestion forum... ...oh, wait... :rolleyes:

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
From the UT3 official forum rules:

We at Epic Games want to make games that you love, and so we absolutely welcome constructive criticism of our products. We have established this forum because we really do care about your suggestions for future products. Please don’t ruin this forum by making unconstructive complaints.

Yeah. Okay.

Hey Flak? WarTourist? If you come across this post, you might want to amend that.

Whonoz

Feb 6, 2008
Thanks hal for creating this thread.

I don't have much feedback because I'm enjoying UT3 just as I did with the original! I find the more I play - the more fun I have. :)

The only things that come to mind that might be possible are:

1- An Ownage type website or forum where only Epic employee's put up quality community maps they like. I hate going through all these cubed room maps with spiral staircases...And don't get me started on the star rating system...

2- More themes! Asian is the new Egyptian. Come on – this is the unreal universe, yes?

3- To the Haters – Nothing because you've all made up your minds about this game. It's just too bad that because your not playing the game you have more time to put it down here. :(

Just remember that employee's at Epic Games do listen. Some people around here make it sound like “Epic Games” is a government. They are not. If they don't listen and maximize their revenue than these “employee's” will no longer have jobs.

4- What Anuban mentioned.

Thanks and see y'all on FragBU!

Judge Dredd Lox

"Bread and butter" my ass!
Feb 12, 2008
Well Hal you had a good idea for a thread here but just like a lot of other threads it's just been turned into a epic bitch fest. I seriously doubt anyone from epic is going to sift through all of this crap for the 3 or 4 posts that actually have a valid part of what you intended.

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
Well Hal you had a good idea for a thread here but just like a lot of other threads it's just been turned into a epic bitch fest. I seriously doubt anyone from epic is going to sift through all of this crap for the 3 or 4 posts that actually have a valid part of what you intended.

Actually we do. There's an easy way to ignore the whiners and there's nuggets here you don't find anywhere else.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
LOL.

I just found out I'm banned at Epic's forums too (yet another "some random troll") and I don't even remember posting over there recently! The last thing I remember posting there was some months ago agreeing with hal for one reason or another.

It appears that I got banned there for voicing my opinion over here.

I guess they haven't banned me so far because of the levels I made for the community? I haven't been a good boy either. :shy:

subset

Nali Wardog
Feb 4, 2008
Austria
I really hope you dont ignore my message in this topic, because thats my wishlist man
Don't let yourself be fooled by the spirit of discord, just agitation to split the party.
BTW Awkward sentence again to demonstrate ignorance. :flame:

Cheers

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
I personally find the amount of locking and deleting amazing. Example: when the gamespy server was down, a thread was made in which the creator kindly addressed the issue and a couple of people confirming it. Not a foul word spoken, a moderator posts "we're gonna look into it" and closes the thread.....

Actually it makes sense since the problem has been stated and they are now looking in to it. Any additional posts are not going to have any importance to the topic whatsoever.

While that's true, a closed thread vanishes off the front page of the forum very quickly (unless it gets stickied). I don't know (I've been playing GoW and Bioshock so I missed it), but I bet there were hundreds of other "it's broke" threads that were simply needless.

Perhaps if the original thread had been left open that wouldn't have happened. Or rather, less threads would have been created. Sure, the thread would have been full of posts with "Gamespy ... I told you so" in; but that's not the point, there would have been less redundant threads.

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
Not sure if this has been said, but where do I exactly leave a message that I am 100% sure Epic is going to read? Is the best place their UT forums? I actually want to propose a bunch of things for the next patch and it would help if I knew where exactly the best place is to do that.

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
Fortunately that's not true. Nevertheless threads that will inevitably lead to bitching and flames are pre-emptively shutdown.

Oh come on, WT. That's a bit much isn't it? You could argue that ANY topic could have the potential to become a flame war.

But your 'pre-emptive' closing/deleting of these threads has resulted in really good, flame free discussions being obliterated. Seems strange that they're all the threads that argue against the decisions Epic made with UT3.

You know what that does for the community? Makes them feel that Epic doesn't give a rats ass what they think. Your long term fans are the ones with the most love for this series, and the ones who will inevitably be most vocal about their disagreements with the design choices made for UT3. And you're shutting them down.

If the thread doesn't start with "Screw the haters, Epic <3 :):):):)!!!!" then it doesn't stay around for long.

But nice spin, man :/