So...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
At work my current task is to remove the body from a 2006 Chevy Van and transfer everything over to a new frame then install the body on to the new frame. I haven't figured out how I'm going to lift the body yet. We have a six ton crane but attaching something to the body to lift it is tricky. Any tips?

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Maybe use jacks and jack stands to raise it off the frame high enough to get I-beams or 4x4 under the body and between the frame side to side. Support the 4x4 to the body with more boards to spread the load. Then ropes/straps up to the crane. It may be a good idea to reproduce the lifting points above the van to ellininate the ropes/straps from comming in contact and damaging the body. Or throw jack stands under the 4x4s once you get it off the frame and drive the frame out from underneath it.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Lol. I’ve done crap like that. Put trucks on frames of other trucks. Made trucks from other trucks. Made cars from a combo of cars.

A friend got his Camaro t-boned in a wreck and sold it to a guy I know. The guy who bought it wanted me to rebuild the engine in the wreck and put it in his car. Then take the drivetrain, trans and rearend out of the wreck and replace his. My friend had a shift kit in his tranny and a 12-bolt rear-end in the wreck.

Then another guy wanted me to take the body off his Pontiac and put it on another frame. I think I rented an engine host to do that job. It’s been like 15-20 years ago since I did that job.

Maybe get everything loose, rent an engine hoist, lift up the body in the front, block up, then the back, block up, then roll away frame. Now that I think about it, I think I used a big oak tree to help do all this. i got it done somehow.

Hey, that’s how to do it!! “somehow”