Company SPAM

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
This is sort of related to my salespeople thread, but it deserves a thread of its own.

I started noticing that every time I update my resume on Monster, Careerbuilder, etc., I get this company called Cornerstone America emailing me with this generic message about how they saw my resume and think that I’d be good for their sales position, or a sales manager position.

I became suspicious of them because I have nothing pertaining to sales on my resume, and I’m not trying to find a sales position. I did some investigation on the Internet and find that other people are complaining about their company spamming them with email.

One person says he used to work for them and that they sell health insurance, but the insurance only covers some tiny aspect of surgery. I guess the policy is written so it looks like people have this broad insurance coverage, but they actually don’t have squat.

Then somebody posts something about some state suing them and some cease and desist order, and how they are under investigation.

Then somebody says that the company actually charges you money to work there, but you don’t find that out until later on. Bottom line: these people are *******s. It sounds like they are trying to make money by charging employees, besides their sales efforts. No wonder they are spamming people about jobs.

Well, I got tired of their generic spam email and I typed up a reply for them and saved it in Word. Now, every time they send me their generic email, I reply with my generic email. They have something in their email about salespeople making “up to” 100k and sales managers making “up to” 150k. I reply and tell them that info is unusable. That’s one data point (a datum). What I’d like to know is what’s the average income for a sales rep doing the same job I’d be expected to do? What percentage of people have been with the company for a year, and what percentage have been with them for 5 years?

I tell them that 100k is only one point to plot. I say if you only plot one point, you aren’t going to see any trend and that’s why their info is meaningless.

I’ve sent them this same message several times, each time they send me their spam email, and today I finally get this guy who is pissed off writing me back. He says that sales people make more than doctors or lawyers and that I should “Go get a job!”

He actually writes something like, “…are ‘payed’ more than lawyers...” He’s trying to dis me and makes it sound like he’s some know-it-all. I write back with only this: “payed” is spelled paid.

LOL!:lol:

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
I have a fax machine.
I used to get junk fax.

What i did to stop that, was purchase a black sheet of construction paper. When ever i got the junk fax, I would re-dial the number that sent it, then i would arrange the paper in such a way it would continuously be fed into the machine.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
perhaps people don't "get it" yet. these are ****ing OLD POSTS!! nobody cares.

many of the posts i made at this time is when i wasn't eating any red meat.

stop eating red meat and make jim carry look like a dryfarting politician!