Model Hit Boxes And Sizes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
Maybe this is a stupid question, but looking over all the player model pix for UT2/UC, I cant help wondering about hitboxes for them. One of the great things abuot UT is that all the players have exactly the same size and shape areas that for hit damage (Even the cows!) But the difference in the models for UT2 is so great (Huge lumbering armoured warriors down to skinny chic models) how could this possibly work? If you use the larger hit box area, all youll have to do is fire near the thinner models for a hit...if you use the skinnier models hitboxes, you'll be landing tons of shots on your target that aren't doing any damage.

I would assume that the hit boxes will all be the same for the models in UT2...If not, why would anyone choose the larger ones at all, even if they do look kick ass...

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
papapishu posted a simular thread on the U2 forum the other day.

In one of the UT2 previews it was said that the different models have different strengthes and weaknesses. Some are heavily armored, but slow. Others are lightly armored, but fast and agile. I interpret that such that DE ditched the concept of uniform hitboxes. This makes the job of balancing harder, but it gives them the possibility to include real per-poly hit detection.