slow preformance with Geforce II mx400

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
HI
SYSTEM: Toshiba 3300 M Equium , 733Mhz PIII ,198MB ram ,
10 GB HD. Asus/ Gforce II MX 400 with new nvidia driver , Windows 98 2 ed.
My UT has worked ok for 3.months but now it 's beginning to go slower and it not playable as it is .
What could be my problem ?

I have uninstalled UT and installed again but it does not help !
I have used Map Mananger to delete alot files I have downloaded but it have not helped. I also konfigurated a fail in the unrealtournament.ini wher it thought that i stil was in version 400.

Plz help me.
:(

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Welcome to Beyond Unreal Forums, TGM :)

What do you mean with slow performance?
Are you talking about low FPS or does the game runs choppy?

Are you talking about online- or offline gaming or both?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Do this:
Goto tools and check the timedemo box

Then run the intro begin to end, and note down your average FPS. You can also do this in different maps.

This will tell you if it's a FPS problem

This sounds very similar to this problem

CRYPTO83

sheer azz kikin force!!
Feb 8, 2002
las vegas
WWW.BLACKCODE.COM
i had the same problem with my mx400. it was some bad crap in a mod i d/led. even after an uninstall of the game it ran crappy. there is still some ut stuff left over from an uninstall .. after an uninstall of ut goto FIND in windows and search for unreal tournament. then in the window that all the ut stuff comes up in just right clik and delete it all..then reinstall.
that worked for me.......good luck
win 2k advanced server w/ all the wonderfull bull**** winblows needs to operate
amd 1.2 @ 1.5 {mostly clock multies with just a butt hair on the FSB}
soyo dragon mobo
512 megs ddr pc2400
onbaord dolby 5.1 sound and nic
gforce2 mx400 {latest dets from nvidia}
water cooled cpu and grafix card
big, loud and ugly fan blowin threw the case.....

It's relly wird becaus it just sarted to work again but i'd tryed that time demo ting i a map and it sems like it droping slowly. I starded the map at someting like frame rate 104 and that wiht secund at the same then it drops slowly to 41-40 and sec. 35-34.
Is that normal. I'd just played weponsfactory 107a and is a litel chuppy but i kan live with that and it could also be becaus I'd played with 15bots.:hmm:

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
30 FPS is a bad but playable

1.) Don't run mods to benchmark UT
2.) Don't look at current, but average FPS
3.) Benchmark the intro

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Fact is mods often run worse than the game itself. So you can't use them to make a descreptive benchmark.

If you timedemo the intro flyby, which is equal for everyone who has the game, you get a result which you can compare to other people. It's the best way to say if UT runs normal.
However if said choppiness only comes after a few minutes that won' work