UT99 Server Crashing Issue, HELP!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tfdood

Apr 9, 2013
Hi guys,

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have a BT server, which has been running fine for several weeks now. I recently upgraded my server from 10 players to 12 players. Soon after, the server started crashing at random times. These crashes appear to be random (they aren't after a certain map is voted or when a certain player joins), and they always occur mid-map. The server just randomly crashes and restarts...then it might be ten minutes or even two hours before it happens again.

If any of you have experience with this sort of issue, please help me out! I've been trying to figure it out for days now, and I even added a "ServerCrashFix" file to the server...it didn't help.

I will post the log of what appears during the crash:

NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server MyLevel accept
Open MyLevel Wed Apr 10 00:24:40 2013 82.13.196.5:20452
NotifyAcceptingChannel Control 0 server Level CTF-BT-TwoCastlesCB.MyLevel: Accepted
Level server received: HELLO REVISION=0 MINVER=451 VER=451
Received unwanted function SetServerVars in ClientData CTF-BT-TwoCastlesCB.ClientData2
MvReporterStats_CTF CTF-BT-TwoCastlesCB.MvReporterStats_CTF0 (Function MvReporter2.MvReporterStats_CTF.InLocalizedMessage:0133) Accessed None
appError called:
Assertion failed: NumInRec<=RELIABLE_BUFFER [File:UnChan.cpp] [Line: 262]
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
QueueIt
UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch
DispatchDataToChannel
BunchData
UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket
UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket
UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch
UpdatePreNet
ULevel::Tick
(NetMode=1)
TickLevel
UGameEngine::Tick
UpdateWorld
UServerCommandlet::Main
Assertion failed: NumInRec<=RELIABLE_BUFFER [File:UnChan.cpp] [Line: 262]

History: QueueIt <- UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch <- DispatchDataToChannel <- BunchData <- UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <- UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <- UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <- UpdatePreNet <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=1) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Exiting.
Name subsystem shut down
mlds.sh: Server Exited
mlds.sh: To exit loop hit CTRL-C
mlds.sh: Sleeping for 15 seconds
mlds.sh: Loop Restarting now
mlds.sh: To exit loop hit CTRL-C
mlds.sh: Starting Server
WARNING: Not using preference directory
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet

Of particular interest to me is this line: "Assertion failed: NumInRec<=RELIABLE_BUFFER [File:UnChan.cpp] [Line: 262]"

I'm not sure what it means or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Was able to find this after a little searching.

Our very own El Muerte said:
about everytime somebody encountered this one or more files where corrupt, so reinstall it
Try to reinstall just the core files.