UE3 - UT3 Weapon Import - Invalid Property Value

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ephemeratics

May 19, 2009
www.celestemasinter.com
Hello!

Recently, I've been attempting to import an original weapon - an original mesh with animations, with a 1rst person and attachment class, derived from the ShockRifle. Nothing too fancy, really. And it worked! The first time I did it.

Its a long story, but I ended up deleting the successful weapon, and recreating it from scratch. About 5 times now, and it refuses to work again - that is to say, the code compiles with 13 warnings, and the mesh does not show up in game. I don't believe I've done anything differently, and yet I must be...

Most of the warnings refer to "Invalid Property value in defaults" and "unresolved references" to my meshes and animation set.

I've already done a search of various forums for this warning message, and the primary advice is: make sure your package is where it ought to be.

But it is (I think):

UTGame/Unpublished/CookedPC/CustomWeapons/blunder_pack.upk

The uc files are located in:

UTGame/Src/Blunderbuss/Classes

This is an example of the code that references the mesh and anim sets:

Code:
 Begin Object Name=FirstPersonMesh
	SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'blunder_pack.blunder_mesh'
	AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'blunder_pack.blunder_set'
	Animations=MeshSequenceA
	Rotation=(Yaw=-16384)
	FOV=60.0
End Object

Any ideas?
Let me know if you need any additional information.

ephemeratics

May 19, 2009
www.celestemasinter.com
Ok, well, I think I solved my problem!

I thought I had already tried this a couple times, but... I guess I did it a little differently this time.

Before compiling, I copied my CustomWeapons folder to Published>CookedPC>

but! I didn't copy the Script file over at the same time!

Seems to have done the trick. The compile went smoothly. I'll copy the script files over now.