Cross burning near where I live

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
You guys probably have already heard about this. My parents live a few blocks away. I know where the house is. Crazy stuff. Arlington has a lot of hicks, and people who would do this sort of thing. Last year at the highschool I graduated from some hicks wrote a bunch of racist stuff on the gym wall. And at a elementary school a black girl got beat up. Eh, I can't stand this crap. :rolleyes:

source: http://www.komotv.com/stories/30542.htm

ARLINGTON - Two teenagers are under arrest after they turned themselves into police Saturday and said they are responsible for setting a cross on fire outside a local pastor's house this week.

The arrests came just as the community took a stand and marched against racism.

An estimated 500 people marched through the streets of Arlington with a message of acceptance and tolerance.

"We're against racism and that's the bottom line," said Kevin Schindler as he marched through with the crowd. "We're here to support, the city, the town and the people that are involved."

"There's a small group of people out here that feel the way they did. It's wrong and we want them to know," said marcher Tom Hudson.

The march is in response to a hate crime against Pastor Jason Martin who is African American.

He moved his family to an upscale neighborhood in Arlington to give his seven kids a safe place to live.

"We live here for the community, for the awesome environment, but something like this happens, it causes you to wonder 'where we're going?'" said Martin.

Before dawn last Wednesday someone set a cross on fire in his front yard.

Police are investigating whether the case is connected to a vandalism at the high school last year when someone spray painted "KKK" and "White Power".

"One person's act of evil is not the majority attitude in our community," said Martin.

City and school leaders asked Martin to speak at a unity rally following the march.

Martin is a pastor at a church with a diverse congregation. Saturday he lead a whole community with a message of unity.

"Things are going to happen" he said, "I know some of you might not understand that. But sometimes it takes difficult things to bring change."

It turns out the two teens who confessed to police are former Arlington High School students. They will be charged with felony malicious harassment.

The teens are being held at the Denny Youth Center in Everett, they will appear before a judge on Monday.

The FBI is helping investigate the case. They say they have dozens of leads, including some that point to teenagers known for their racist views.

Sunday supporters from Martin's congregation plan on holding a prayer session on his front lawn where the burning cross was found.

Jedediah Knight

Flag Runner of the Year
Sep 28, 2003
North Ark. U.S.A
Visit site
Teenagers. Well you can expect the young to get stupid at times. It is very sad when grown men act the same way. Ya there are some of those sheet wearing MORONS living round here too. That reminds me ... I have to ask the Army surplus store when they are going to get in the next shipment of claymores.