Speculations on EntropicDev's Twitter post

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
So... what could this be?

Rotate to what seems to be the original orientation:
BswrYLGIYAASAwQ.jpg large.jpg

It's apparently something printed out in poster size. But what's that image got to do with UT, besides the label "Liandri"? It looks too detailed to effectively be part of the play area (as we learned, Epic don't want to clutter the maps with stuff like this anymore), so what is it?
Unreal Engine 4 advertisement? A hint that there will be a UT movie?

Zuul

May 17, 2014
well it's obviously a Go Liandri slotmachine. You put money in and, stuff happens

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Chris Pernas working concept art
WgCQvNj.jpg

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I am not fond of the baby diarrhea orange/brown 1960's earth tone. Otherwise It looks ok.

Edit: It does rather resemble white pvc pipe doesn't it.

Double Edit: -higher res.
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Liandri_WIP01.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Random piping never looks 'right' to me anyway. If you look at navy ships or industrial piping it all is obviously going somewhere. When pipes just plug into a blank wall it looks pointless or illogical. There ought to be an occasional cutoff valve too.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's getting pretty positive response so far, so I guess? I mean, I see what ambershee is saying. A few people have brought up good points about it... but this is just an example for inspiration. In general, I really like it.

I do think that it's hard to discern edges, which is something Jim Brown has brought up in the past. But all that can be tweaked :)