Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I will not buy this game before the semester ends. I will not buy this game before the semester ends. I will not buy this game before the semester ends...

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I agree that sixty dollars is too much for a PC game, but if there's one that offers a bang for your buck, it's gotta be the TES games. My only gripe is that I know they're really going to pile on the DLC with this one and it'll likely end up costing another 50-100% of the price if you get it all.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Time to wake up people. The $50 for PC games is pretty much dead, all thanks to Activision and Kotick. If MW2.5 sells for $60, Skyrim will sell for the same price, the publisher won't let this slip away.

At least I'm pretty confident the game will be worth every penny, they seem to deserve it and they already got my $60.. pre-loading the game right now.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
If I had the money I would most certainly purchase this at $60 bucks. Bethesda has never disappointed me in terms of content, so why should Skyrim be any different.

Mar 6, 2004
It's fun but the movement sucks SO BADLY! you gotta force your view around it seems like, unless there is an option to make it smooth?

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Copied from another forum:
How do I disable the smooth mouse settings?

Go to your Steam Directory -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim -> Skyrim
Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Controls] and find bMouseAcceleration=1
Change to bMouseAcceleration=0
Save, exit, and play

How do I fix the vsync ("laggy mouse") problem?

Go to your Steam Directory -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim -> Skyrim
Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Display]
Add to the bottom of the section iPresentInterval=0
Save, exit, and play

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
More stuff found through a buddy: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/t...e-graphics-disable-vsync-change-fov-and-more/
Change field of view
Head to My Documents, select My Games, select Skyrim and then Skyrim again, then create a backup of the skyrim.ini file. Scroll down to [General] in the file and add fdefaultfov=XX (where XX is the field of view you want). Then save and exit.

Fix common crash to desktop problem
Access the Sound menu from the Control panel. In the playback tab, right click on speakers and select properties. Select the advanced tab on the new screen and select 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality) from the drop down menu. This fixed crashes for Owen last night.
Bunch of gfx tweaks in the article

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Those fixes are a friggen godsend. The mouse still feels like there's a lot of latency but it's definitely better after the smoothing and vsync fix.

Also, a hilariously effective technique:
[M]http://youtu.be/rt5aUdijAN8[/M]

EDIT: Just saw this and lol'd
XoAig.jpg

Last edited: