As real as..we can.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Coming up this week with feedback. I'm sick with the flu and all i'm doing is sneezing and eating hot spicy chicken soup. Yet through all this i'm swamped with work so i'm up and running! :)

Work is a blessing though so i'm not complaining.

Keep it up !

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Ok i finally have some time this weekend Rasta. Are there already updated versions or should i download whats available now?
Also, are you still working on this? I understand that you were dependant on somebody else for coding so things may go very slow.

How about you Carpet, did you find anything / interesting / coding worthwhile?

get_carter

Aug 6, 2003
so I just found this thread...... wandering through.... reading..... getting excited.... then the last post.

anyone else search the net every few months searching for a mod of SOME game that's like INF? sigh...................

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
Ok, so here's what I sent Psy in a PM when he asked me to do some work on INF ... Figured I might as well post it here just for clarity ... Although I guess most of you figured this out after months of silence ;)

----

I don't even have a INF installation anymore. Haven't had one for ages.

The only chance is if I lose my job and go jobless for a few months. And then I would FIRST finish all my other half-finished projects before even THINKING about doing this.

The same applies to the whole Crysis thing.

This sort of stuff required people who are willing and able to invest large amounts of time into this. In the order of 10/hours a week. I'm neither able nor willing.

As I explained earlier, I spend the better part of the day behind a computer screen programming. When I get home, this is simply not my idea of fun anymore.
The downside of making your hobby your job is that you lose a hobby :(

Sorry, but to put it short & simple: "Not going to happen" ... I know this isn't the answer you're going to like, but at least it's honest ........

-----

I did some movement tweaks on Crysis, making it much more INF-like.
I don't have the files anymore, but it wasn't finished anyway and any competent programmer can do the same thing in a matter of hours. The tweaks are easy.

As much I would like to see this happen, and as much as the end-result might be a good deal of fun, actually making that happen isn't fun at all for me at this point ........

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
That's ok Carpet, thanks for posting and good luck with your life.

I'm sure before too long somebody else pops up and creates the next gen inf. There's a few great engines out there, along with modtools, so it's a matter of time.

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Maybe by that time there will be a huge assets / prefab sharing website where one can scrape the most important things together and tweak to liking. With more and more engines available such libraries are bound to happen.

I'm positive. A game like this will eventually be created, too many people out there want it, or something close to it. If one can code and want it bad enough, eventually it will be done.

Last edited:

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Hello from Spain.

Red orchestra 2 and Arma 3 are coming...

Arma 3 has a "revamped animation system". There is ragdoll and better physics. There is a valuable chance that the clunkiness of the movements will be removed.
If thats the case, we then have our new INF. With good infantry combat, and planes,helis, tanks submarines as bonuses :)

I really think these two games are going to be really $^$ù$^*^* awesome.

Lets be happy

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Yeah, Arma 2 with Ace 2 is good. It just needs some work. Well, a lot of work. But the base is there. Hopefully, Arma 3 fixes the all the problems the modders can't.

(L3d)

Jun 30, 2011
heh now i remember it allways was ment to be going arma right ??
good idea :stick: am , ami i in the right post btw ??