UE1 - UT Problems with textures. (newbie question)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LeonTheKing

Leon the King
Mar 16, 2008
Brazil.
Wazzup, people?

Need some help with the UnrealEd.

When i create a wall with any texture (the wall is bigger than the texture's size), the wall's texture get's stretched, with an terrible quality, totally blurred.

I.E.: Want to make a wall with 512x512 with a brick texture (the texture's size is 256x256). Instead of having a wall with giant stupid blurred bricks, i wanna create a sequence of small bricks, just like the original non-stretched tex.

It seems the only way is creating a sequence of equal wall pieces with the same texture size. But that would f*** with the polygons number.

I'm sorry if i misspelled something, my english is a ruin.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk

I.E.: Want to make a wall with 512x512 with a brick texture (the texture's size is 256x256). Instead of having a wall with giant stupid blurred bricks, i wanna create a sequence of small bricks, just like the original non-stretched tex.

Select the surface (i.e. the wall)

Press F5 to bring up the surface properties panel.

Select the Alignment tab

On that panel, you will see a box for scaling. Use the drop-down to select the (simple) scaling factor that you want. For example, if you want the 256x256 texture to be full-sized on a 512x512 surface then select a scaling factor of 0.5