What does this error mean¿ Stop Error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
this is the error i have been consistanly getting when fooling around with NTFS partitions. It happens during windows bootup and won't allow me to install win2K. This a blue screen with white lettering. This is absolutely exact word for word.....

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xED41B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on you computer. Remove and newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer

Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Sorry....Rukee just got his puter a year ago....I don`t know anything about NTFS partitions yet!!
Were is SpiritWalker when you need him?????

S

SpiritWalker

are you multi booting??
what is sounds like to me is that you have some 2K files on the 98 partition.. it sounds like..

and did you upgrade from a FAT file system?
a FAT part.. can't read an NTFS... but NTFS can read FAT

with out seeing your puter.. what you can do is....
(this is assuming that you upgraded from 98)
go to a Win98 computer.. like on at bestbuy if there isn't another puter avalible to you..
slide in a floopy disk ..
go to
START-PROGRAMS-ACCESSORIES-SYSTEM TOOLS-and somewhere in there.. there will be a startup disk creator.. (just depends)
OR
go to
START-SETTINGS-CONTROL PANEL (click there)
ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS (clickity click it)
and then on the right hand tab.. click
START UP DISK..
follow the directions..

then gp back to you "problem computer" slip that start up disk in.. and do the 'Ol Ctrl-Alt-Del
be sure to have your 98 CD handy.. that will get you well opn the road to bootsville...once you get booted in 98.. slide in your 2K disc.. and do a fresh install....

or if you want to multi boot.. use something like partition magic after you get 98 all happy again, to set aside some space for 2K to be installed...
and then install 2K on the free partition.

LMK how it goes..

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
i was multibooting actually with winXP, winME and win2K. What i really really don't understand is that it all worked fine on my udma33 controller, now i've used 2 different ata66 controllers.

winME was on FAT32, winXP was on NTFS, and i tried to install win2K on another NTFS partition, (which is already formatted) I tried to install win2K from winME and i got that error when i rebooted and tried to get back into win2K installation.

then i backed up all my **** (like 10 cdrw's or more) just to try to convert my winME (fat32) to NTFS with win2K. I didn't reformat, just converted to NTFS format. If it failed, i would have no more bootable drives. ....and it failed again..

Now i am triple booting between win2K, winXP, and win2K. Yep i now have (2x) win2K in the menu. I tried one of them and it worked!!. ...but only one them. The other options in that menu gave me that error again.

I am now in win2K (c:\) and formatted all the other drives for NTFS. I rebooted and I still have a menu of (1x) winXP, and (2x) win2K. ...but i only have one OS installed in my computer.

But what if all of a sudden, out of the blue, my computer decides it will give me this error again and i will loose all my ****. This happened to JackTheRipper. One day he decided he was going to use his computer one day and all of a sudden he got that error message,...then BAM, he looses all his **** and can't load windows.

I now have a set of 4 win2K bootdisks (bootdisk and bootds32). Do you know the difference between them?

I hope this makes sense and you can help me, because i really don't want to have to stick with FAT32 for life.

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by StoneViper
winME was on FAT32, winXP was on NTFS, and i tried to install win2K on another NTFS partition, (which is already formatted) I tried to install win2K from winME and i got that error when i rebooted and tried to get back into win2K installation.

if you FUBARed an install... I wouldn't trust that at all.. never go back to an already in progress install..IMO

just to try to convert my winME (fat32) to NTFS with win2K. I didn't reformat, just converted to NTFS format. If it failed, i would have no more bootable drives. ...and it failed again.

I think that's the prob.. I don't belive that ME will support NTFS.. could be wrong.. I'll check and get back to you..

Now i am triple booting between win2K, winXP, and win2K. Yep i now have (2x) win2K in the menu. I tried one of them and it worked!!. ...but only one them. The other options in that menu gave me that error again.

that's you boot.ini file.. it's harmless.. but you can go to FIND FILES FOLDERS.. search Boot.ini
open that file with notepad.. and edit it..
but make sure that you delete the right 2K.. make a backup if you aren't sure..

I now have a set of 4 win2K bootdisks (bootdisk and bootds32). Do you know the difference between them?

checking to be sure

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
winME won't support NTFS i know that, but i tried to make winME into win2K on NTFS, cause i no longer want winME (at least not for now), only win2K

i kinda had to back to an "already in progress installation". That is the process - you must reboot 4 times during installation.

win2K must not have a boot.ini. It won't appear in the search list. but ill try to find that file that does the same thing.