The Lord of the Rings movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What did you think of the movie?

• It was great!

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • It was long... a two bathroom break movie

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I'm in England

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

Sven_ya!

From the land of sky-blue wa-AH-ters!
Nov 7, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
www.planetquake.com
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR
I was never into fantasy stuff, but a friend talked me into going tomorrow to see it.

You know, I've never been into fantasy stuff either, mostly because it all just seemed hokey, cheesy and stupid. Maybe it's because so many friends of mine who are into fantasy thought movies like Willow were actually *good*

But, LotR is definitely nothing like that cheesy, stupid, GHEY crap that I thought my friends like. I mean, this movie had real evil and real danger and gritty bloody reality in it. If LotR did give brith to the fantasy genre, and the rest of fantasy genre since then has been anything like Willow, I'd say the genre lost its way...

Sven_ya!

Nov 7, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
www.planetquake.com
Also ...

Did anybody else notice how they really set you up for a sequel at the end there? I think, based on the popularity so far, they'd be foolish not to make a Lord of the Rings II. Maybe they could set it in the future, you know, out in space and then they could have cool space battles and stuff ...

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I’ll be going to see it in less than 2 hours. Then we’ll probably toilet paper the town and stuff….so if I get back and it’s not too late, I’ll give you my opinion in a short review. How many times can you use the word “sucks” before it loses its impact?

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
/me has read the book three times.

I'm going to see the movie sometime next week hopefully.

Never could get into the detailed musings of the Simarillion, tho'. (what happens way before TLOTR) Has anyone else attempted to read that?

FreakinMeany

Booga booga boo!
Nov 20, 2001
Humid as hell, FL
www.mapraider.com
Re: Also ...

Originally posted by Sven_ya!
Did anybody else notice how they really set you up for a sequel at the end there? I think, based on the popularity so far, they'd be foolish not to make a Lord of the Rings II. Maybe they could set it in the future, you know, out in space and then they could have cool space battles and stuff ...
Actually, Sven_ya, there will be three movies in total, but they are all one story, not really sequels, with one huge-ass climatic ending :)

*Fellowship of the Ring
*The Twin Towers
*Return of the King

They filmed all three movies at the same time for release this December, next December and the December after. I can't wait. The second and third parts of the story are much better than the first.

FreakinMeany

Booga booga boo!
Nov 20, 2001
Humid as hell, FL
www.mapraider.com
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR
I’ll be going to see it in less than 2 hours. Then we’ll probably toilet paper the town and stuff….so if I get back and it’s not too late, I’ll give you my opinion in a short review. How many times can you use the word “sucks” before it loses its impact?
Well, I think that really depends on the subject matter :D

RedEye(Co30)

Sep 13, 2001
redeye.co30.com
I wonder . . .

I´d like to see a world of this kind in a computergame. The movie should give some talented mappers a lot of inspirations

Maybe the Morrowind editor will be good enough to recreate LOTR . . . now there's an awesome thought.

Sven_ya!

Nov 7, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
www.planetquake.com
Re: Re: Also ...

Originally posted by Freakin_Bastard

Actually, Sven_ya, there will be three movies in total, but they are all one story, not really sequels, with one huge-ass climatic ending :)

*Fellowship of the Ring
*The Twin Towers
*Return of the King

They filmed all three movies at the same time for release this December, next December and the December after. I can't wait. The second and third parts of the story are much better than the first.

So, what you're saying is ... no cool space battles?

What a waste.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
I just saw it. My verdict : awesome.

The acting was, with a few minor exceptions, excellent. The special effects were astounding and although it wasnt completely true to the book, i think the changes made were for the better. There was scarcely a dull moment throughtout the whole film and the pace was perfet. One of the best films of all time.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
Originally posted by Frostblood
The acting was, with a few minor exceptions, excellent.

Not that I disagree... but which exceptions are you referring to? :)

I did notice they put in some really poorly written dialogue here and there that had no place in the tone of the movie as a whole but these blights on the script were few and far between.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
I didnt think Bilbo was that good. There were also a few other moments when the dialog was delivered in a rather bland way...but overall it was excellent.

Hey Frostblood, did you know there's a petition to get RUSH in the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame?

They deserve it. One of the best bands ever.

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
3 hours worth of "Hollywood moments" and homoerotic bonds between tiny people. Yay! :p

Actually. it was pretty entertaining for the most part. Although alot of the cg effects stood out like a sore thumb and some of the Hollywood-style, over the top acting was pretty horrible, it was entertaining.

My only real complaint is that Liv Tyler's part in the movie was way too short
icon13.gif

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Screw the movie...I'll wait for the book...

...homoerotic hobbits??...DAMMIT...now we need tiny little deathcamps....