UE3 - UT3 Painting Terrain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I've never had this problem before and I don't have any clue how to fix it. It looks like it's using the vertex alphas to do the texture transparency and it looks pretty bad. How do I make it use texture alpha or something?(so it doesnt look so blocky)

[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/GD_terrain.png[/SCREENSHOT]

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Okay I seem to have fixed my problem. But I need to know how to set the physics material of my terrain. The material is snow but it acts like the default physics material.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I tessellated it and used a different shader. I still have the same problem but I've made it almost un-noticeable by using a custom shader that blends better.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
What is the best way to go about doing ambient sounds that change between indoors and outdoors. Would making client side triggers for Player 0 to change the sound work?

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
What is the best way to go about doing ambient sounds that change between indoors and outdoors. Would making client side triggers for Player 0 to change the sound work?

Is this for a MP or SP game? Normally, if you set up your sound actors carefully, you could just use those. You can try to see if this works, though I have never tried it myself.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
That doesn't seem to work in in UE3 but I found a new way to do it so it's alright.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Double post.

Is there any good built in steam effects in the editor. I have a grate with water running under it in a building and I would love for steam to rise up out of it to partially obscure vision in the room.

[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/steam%20sample.png[/SCREENSHOT]

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
Is there any good built in steam effects in the editor. I have a grate with water running under it in a building and I would love for steam to rise up out of it to partially obscure vision in the room.

Check in the Effects folder, specifically the Envy_Effects/2.upk & Envy_Level_Effects/2.upk packages.

Make sure you have "particles" checked.