Unreal Gold

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
So I bought the unreal deal on steam and of course Unreal Gold is included. My question is how do I launch Return to Na Pali? If I click on new game and go to gametype, Unreal is the only type listed. I did apply the third party 227 patch because the game was running too fast. Is there a console command to launch Return to Na Pali?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
It runs too fast because its frames are unlimited, and since they are counted in a byte (255 max.) when your framerate goes over the top the game starts acting up like that. Just enable VSync. Alternatively, you can install the Anthology patch from OldUnreal and then in the INI under your renderer set "FrameRateLimit" to 200 or less.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
enable VSync, then restart the video card setup, when you go into setup to change your video settings it prompts it will restart "Unreal" on the setup screen when it restarts, do an ctrl/alt/del bring up the task menu, right click on unreal, set affinity to 1 core. Everytime you play you may have to do this. I wonder about AMD's duo-core fix, Intel might have one of their own, there is a utility to help launch programs and how many cores they use, but I don't have links handy right now.

trying to set affinity while the game is running causes the game to run slow (when you started it it already set the game working speed, you have to start the game ahead of that, why the vidcard setup tweak)

Last edited: