What's the source for the game name info?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Death Cube K

You'll be seeing him alot.
Mar 1, 2005
Big Apple, 3:00 AM
Radeon285 said:
yeah, it may not be the greatest name, but in the end does it really ****ing matter? dont you care more about something as skin deep as the game's name?

Of course not! You can't judge a book by it's contents when all you have to go on are a few pictures and some mumblings by people in charge.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I think the name does matter and I do think UT2k7 is a bad choice. Epic are constantly going on about how this is going to be a totally new game. If someone walks into a shop and sees UT2k7 on the shelf for the first time, "Oh great, UT2k7, another re-hash of that god-awefull UT2k3 game I wish I never bought"
imo, UT3 would be fine for a name, nice and simple and actually sounds like a fresh new game.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
@All
----
Damn man. I wish I had all of your problems....
I'm dealing with lack of life, lack of job, medical problems, total lack of finances, my rig needs upgrading, inorder to get the job I want I need a car, the list goes on.

And you're main problems at the moment appears to be the name of a game that hasn't even been released yet....

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Bot_40 said:
UT3 would be fine for a name, nice and simple and actually sounds like a fresh new game.
Or UT 3nvy ;) That was a much better name imo that UT2007 :D I really hope they decide to make Unreal3 though, with a decent story line and less buggy gameplay :lol:

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
Sir_Brizz said:
There is just no reason to rewrite the whole engine. They are still using things which are undeniably Unreal FIRST GENERATION. You know what they say, if it's not broke don't fix it. I'm sure they fix things that aren't broke, but why replace things that work just fine? For example, UScript.
Brizz I see your point. the core concepts of it are the same, UScript, actors, static meshes, UED, etc. but how some of the things are carried out are different. they most likely did rewrite large portions of stuff, but the basic core of what it is is the same... or soemthing like that.

who cares what the name will be... I just hope it plays as good as it looks :D