That seals it then...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Yeah, I vote everyone starts or continues to call it UT3, then maybe they will learn we don't want some crappy yearly name :p

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
Just in case someone from Epic checks this forum... I don't like the UT200X naming scheme either.

(Not that I think it's the most important thing in the world, but still...)

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
who cares what its called... its gunna be great.. thats what matters
even though i find ut2007 more refreshing than envy... im just trying to force my opinion secretly ;)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
"Who cares what it's called"..

Obviously there are people who do care :con:
=p

:D

It's the name of the game. I think that's very important.
NOT nearly as important as the game itself, the gameplay etc.. nah... course not!
But still...

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Bad decision, the name matters a lot.

I love UT2k4 (the game) but there are a lot of people who went off it around UT2k3 and didn't move onto ut2k4.
Continuing the 2kx name convention is unlikely to bring those people back, or attract anyone who didn't like the UT2kx games as it will give people the impression that the game is just an upgrade on the old, rather than an all new game.

Epic need to try to communicate that this is an all new game with a new engine and a new gameplay, and the best way to do that is with a name that signifies this.
It should be UT3. Nothing else.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Unreal Transformagration ... that sounds different :p .

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
BooGiTyBoY said:
Is it the fourth game?

Yes... it is...

therefore...

UT4. :D

This 2.5 crap is a fanboi technicality I refuse to accept. lol ;)
What would you call software that is 75% the previous game, 25% new content, plays almost identically and only adds a few maps/gamemodes?

I call it an expansion pack :p

In fact, I got it for $29.99, which is how much every expansion pack costs these days.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The UT200X name is retarded because it just means that the game will be replaced with a newer version/year eventually, so it's really a temporary game rather than a unique game. I hate that... They need to make the series different enough so that we can play older versions without feeling like we're playing the same game. According to what I've read they built this new engine from scratch and the emphasis was on being brand new and having a different feel. The title is just the opposite of that and gives the message "This is UT2004 with more features and prettier graphics"...

I guess it's no big deal, as long as the gameplay is something new and not recycled.