ENVY music IDEA - DEVs for the love of god PLEASE READ

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

smthng2thnkabout

Apr 13, 2005
Ut2k4 has aweful music. Please put in music like the first Unreal Tournament.

The Trance and techno is much needed. PLEASE o PLEASE o PLEASE

Thanks.

End of begging plea.

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
i always play with music on,

i prefer UT 2004 music to UT 99 music

of course every once in a while i put on the ol' SlipKnot :)

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... UT2004 music hatefull? Ha! UT cheesy-campy music is the hatefull-awarded. They should stick to and improve on UT2004 soundtracks AND make some in the correct style on Unreal (yes, Unreal, you know... the actual game?...)

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
i dont even know what ut2k4 music sound like, i stopped listening to in-game music since the middle of 2003...

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
the best way to solve music problems, would be via packages like textures or meshes, cause there are many players that prefer Trance and Drums & Bass form UT99, but at the same time there is a large ammount of people that liked UT2K4's music, SO, make music packages for all the music tendences
OR ELSE PRESS THE FACKIN F11 AND USE THE MUSIC PLAYER

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
StraTooS said:
the best way to solve music problems, would be via packages like textures or meshes, cause there are many players that prefer Trance and Drums & Bass form UT99, but at the same time there is a large ammount of people that liked UT2K4's music, SO, make music packages for all the music tendences
If I boot up Envy and hear Ska and know it's because of your suggestion, I'm personally finding you and kicking your ass.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Dark Pulse said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: UT's music trumped 200x's. I can literally hear a song and know maps associated with it, and vice versa.
So can I.

What I did to fix this in 2k4 was to delete all of 2k4's music except for the UT menu redux and the hyperblast redux. So I won't hear any music (I don't like 2k'4s punkish stuff) from 2k4 and I'll just hear the UT menu music and the music on Deck. I'm fine with Decks music being on since I played it to death competitively in UT and now 2k4 so I know all the spawn points already and usually my prediction on that map is like 85% anyways. With the music on it'll be 70%, big deal, I love the redux. :D

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
StraTooS said:
That would be a great idea. But it would end up using valuable resources, if every level had 3 different music themes to it.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... in the old UT, there's a mod that works pretty much like WMP music list. You just select from that list of installed .umx and hear that. Simple...

T

Tournament0

Nahand said:
... in the old UT, there's a mod that works pretty much like WMP music list. You just select from that list of installed .umx and hear that. Simple...

Maybe Epic might include this as a standard feature, or include it as a mutator.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Tournament0 said:
Maybe Epic might include this as a standard feature, or include it as a mutator.
I'm starting to think you don't even have any UT game. UT2004 comes with this stuff as standard.

Do you really think Epic is not going to include the good things of what they currently have in their next game?

@briachiae: not different music styles for each level, but different music styles in general...And each level their own track, if I get the general idea right.
People who don't like the level's style can simply use the music player, like Stratoos mentions.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
briachiae said:
That would be a great idea. But it would end up using valuable resources, if every level had 3 different music themes to it.
perhaps, but what i propose is totally aside from level's original music

Dark Pulse said:
If I boot up Envy and hear Ska and know it's because of your suggestion, I'm personally finding you and kicking your ass.
ROFL, don't blame me, i'm not the one guilty for Epic not including your favorite Ska hits, sorry

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Modern music is pretty forgetable and will sound dated in a year or two. Unreal/UT even Unreal2's proper music was very good. I can't really assiciate w/ 2k4's music, it seems to alienate the listener more than provide any atmosphere. Concerning style I'd rather not see any particular genre but rather something appropriate and provacative. On the technical aspect of things I assume OpenAL and the ogg vorbis libraries will still be in use; I'd really love to see the sound buffers increased so the ingame music player doesn't sound so horrible. Most of 2k4's music is >112kbs but sounds like 56kbs ingame.

T

Tournament0

Yes, I can't imagine listening to Eminem while play "Envy", let alone listening to it after 1 or 2 years. Point proven.

Myrmidion

Re-edifying the post-panarchic duodonemy
Jan 28, 2001
I thought that a lot of the music was instantly forgettable, but on the other hand a lot of the music on the Assault maps was very good. More of that, please. :)