Get your own Unreal website for a few bucks a year

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diehard

I thought i am gonna post this here and on the Unreal and UT forums from Beyond Unreal. And i am not trying to sell anything here, nor do i receive any commision, so its only to point people to a relative cheap hostingplans.

Too often i see people make mods, maps etc. and they have to go through great length to get their stuff uploaded to FilePlanet, Rapidshare and a zillion other vague hosts. But in reality there are very reliable host that offer small sites for an affordable price.

Basically you can have a website with 5 gigabyte of space and 50 gigabyte of bandwidth for only 45 dollars a year, which is 3.75 dollars a month.

The package i am talking about is Starter Hosting Plan from www.LunarPages.com which is also hosting UnrealTexture.com And dont get me wrong, the package cannot be used for a super large site like UnrealTexture, but it certainly is enough to built you a super large site with tons of pages, and more than enough webspace to host your very own files you made.

The Starter Hosting Plan comes with:
Price $ 35.4 a year.
5 Gigabyte of space.
50 gigabyte of bandwidth.
Online Cpanel(Control panel so you can manage your site).
1 MySQL Database (means you can run 1 forum).
1 FTP account(so you can upload your files).
5 POP3 and/or SMTP mailaccounts included(means 5 email accounts).

More info can be found here: http://www.lunarpages.com/starter-hosting

Of course you also need a domain name and you can get that for 19.95 per year at LunarPages, but i think that is pretty expensive and you can do that alot cheaper by www.GoDaddy.com

I always register my domains at GoDaddy because they are cheap and have a top notch service. You can change all the settings for you domainname yourself so you have full control over it.

I always wait till they have a 30% discount on the .com domains and than i claim my domains for 5 years. Normally a .com costs $ 10.69 but almost every month they offer.com's for 30% less. So with a bit of patience, simply claim a name when the price is low.

Of course you can also try find coupons to get your hosting or domain cheaper like on these links:

LunarPages Coupon

GoDaddy Coupon

As said, i am not trying to sell here anything, but i am simply trying to tip people how to get your own site. And i do run sites for almost a decade now, and i couldnt do it anymore without them. Above all, it gives you zillion tons of freedom on the net, because you can upload and offer files, share files in a blink of an eye. And the hosts i present here, have proven to be very reliable hosts, otherwise i would not mention them.

And in case you are younger than 18, you simply could ask your mom or dad to have it registered in your name.

Last edited: