UT3Dom

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
True, but I was referring to online competitive gaming. It's probably the main reason I left that scene, besides the fact that my skills are rather weak. You know, the incessant whinig about how the AR grenades and the Flak are too spammy and other projectile weapons are too random.

But hey, American Football games are played in sunlight, rain and snow. But to online gamers, dynamic environments make the game unfair somehow. Go figure.

Yeah I know! I do agree though hey a change in weather can turn alot of sports matches around depending on which team plays better in the wet. Like a running team vs a throwing team, same with motorsports as well some drivers just dont handle the wet and tyre choice is crucial...

Lets ban injuries from sports though, they are too unbalanced :lol:

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Makes you wonder why they aren't making their own game that involves clicking on dots faster than the other guys. I have taken the liberty of mocking this game up for everyone.

The pink X is your crosshair, the goal is to click on red dots faster than anyone else.

Now that I have developed the penultimate competitive game, I will crawl into a hole with Albi the Racist Dragon and eat jellybeans.

the mutator is already out that makes the dots white on a black background and they are 10x the size shown there and the Giant Red X automatically shoots the nearest dot all in lowest res possible so there is no lag. oh and theres a force models mod too so all dots look the same no matter what dot other players play as.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
the mutator is already out that makes the dots white on a black background and they are 10x the size shown there and the Giant Red X automatically shoots the nearest dot all in lowest res possible so there is no lag. oh and theres a force models mod too so all dots look the same no matter what dot other players play as.

I lol'd.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Yeah, but can I have the ability to change my dots to yellow on the fly, and can I adjust rolloff so that I can hear when my opponent mouses over the dots from across the map?

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
Is there a way to remove all those Classic TDM with 2-3-4 teams? I don't want them, i only want domination to show up on the list (and i don't really get why they are here, especially the one with 2 team since it should be exactly the same as the retail team deathmatch...)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Is there a way to remove all those Classic TDM with 2-3-4 teams? I don't want them, i only want domination to show up on the list (and i don't really get why they are here, especially the one with 2 team since it should be exactly the same as the retail team deathmatch...)

The UTMultiTeam.ini is your friend. :)

Here's how to disable UTMT from showing up:

In the UTMultiTeam.ini (located in your Documents>My Games>Unreal Tournament 3>UTGame>Config), search for the following line:

bRemoveOnPC=False

Change all the lines you can find of that in the UTMultiTeam.ini to:

bRemoveOnPC=True

There should be 3 of them iirc thatyou have to modify. ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't really get why a mod for Domination in UT3 decides to be the all encompassing 4 team mod. It makes no sense. Is it not UT3 DOM then? Regardless, I know whose decision it was and it wasn't Ronins.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I don't really get why a mod for Domination in UT3 decides to be the all encompassing 4 team mod. It makes no sense. Is it not UT3 DOM then? Regardless, I know whose decision it was and it wasn't Ronins.

It's because Domination is the only built in game type besides deathmatch in UT that had 4 teams. And in all actuality, it's the only one that was actually played with 4 teams. Because it had 4-team support originally, it makes sense for it to exist in this mod. Also, I think the original developer of the 4-team mod is MIA.

If mods ever get the ability to have custom options to appear on the game settings screen, they will be able to get rid of the seperate multi-team gametypes and just have a dropdown option to pick the number of teams. (but somehow i don't see this happening)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm talking about adding all OTHER 4 team gametypes in a Domination mod.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh

Uhh, Ronin was the one who was all for the 4 team and kept pressing it from day one from what i remember.