[UT2004] Can't find my models!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark[NSF]

Northwest Secessionalist Forces
Importing Defaults for PISTOL_Sp9_
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'dark.sp9''
Importing Defaults for SMG_ACS_
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'dark.acs''
Importing Defaults for SMG_K12_
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'dark.acs''
Importing Defaults for SMG_Mp8_
Importing Defaults for SNIPER_Hunting_
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'dark.hunting-rifle''
Importing Defaults for SNIPER_Robar_
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'dark.hunting-rifle''
Importing Defaults for SNIPER_Semi_

The model file is in the correct location, this has only happened since I moved to UT2004 from UT2003..

I also opened it in the editor to make sure of some things, resaved it and it still didn't work..

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Could you post what the default property entry looks like? I am also using skeletal meshes and here is what my default property looks like:

Mesh=mesh'TD2WeapMesh.t_AK74mesh'

are the ' marks out of place around 'skeletalMesh' instead of skeletalMesh'modelpackage.modelname'?

Last edited:

Dark[NSF]

Northwest Secessionalist Forces
meowcat said:
Could you post what the default property entry looks like? I am also using skeletal meshes and here is what my default property looks like:

Mesh=mesh'TD2WeapMesh.t_AK74mesh'

are the ' marks out of place around 'skeletalMesh' instead of skeletalMesh'modelpackage.modelname'?

Code:
     Mesh=SkeletalMesh'dark.acs'

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Well the only thing i can think of is that either the name of the models or package changed (or were renamed when you opened it and saved it?) or perhaps you have the model file in a separate mod folder. I was able to create the same log errors you got by simply moving my animation file out of the animations folder.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
possible cause

Dark[NSF] said:
Same error, looks like I'm going to haev to rebuild the ukx file? ^^

Just figured it out I think. It has to do with package dependecies. When I removed a texture package altogether (I had renamed all of the textures in it to another texture package to consolidate the total number of packages). When I deleted the original texture package then tried to recompile, I got the same error messages you got. The textures that I had renamed still referred to the color "palettes" of the original package. It could not compile because of this. You might want to check the ucc.log file to get the specifics of why it failed.

_paradox_

Jul 14, 2004
How does one fix this error? I have the same problem. Can I not get rid of the old texture package without breaking everything?

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
_paradox_ said:
How does one fix this error? I have the same problem. Can I not get rid of the old texture package without breaking everything?

Reimport the textures into a new texture package (so that the palettes are generated in the new package) and reassign them to models. This is only neccessary for P8 textures.