UT3Dom

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nawrot

Jan 23, 2008
Fuzz about your post from 23rd.

Both maps are mine. I had trouble with cooking anything for DOM mod, so somebody else cooked them. And after it got released I went on really long vacation (4 months, and I am about to go back). So all I can say is just from memory, but it looks like you have older versions of maps or older DOM package (or just versions mismatch).

ATM I do not really remember all that stuff for sure , but I think i removed "TANK_2Sided" from final version because of optimization vs oomph factor (effect was not worth FPS loss).

Hopefully I get back to UT3 mapping in week or two and can correct this post, it all depends on how big **** is Cliff B. and how badly dead horse is beaten in other topics. Also do not forget me getting all emo because of big UT3 failure.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
News flash for everyone:

Several things to talk about

1) I'm starting to upload UT3DOM Videos displaying each level, and having a "test round" with the bots, mainly to getting you to see the map itself. However, due to the crappy WMV codec I uses, you'll need to use High Quality in order to see what is actually going on XD (and the hell with that stupid WMV codec =/ )

I'll list the 4 moveis that are uploaded so far:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qpesIha41Ss
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2RA8PzOY1XQ
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MnzU01cYl2
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgJTGnP5kk

2) UT3DOM Extended (formely known as UT3DOM Reloaded) is now starting to take shape! Several new levels will be implimented using the UT3DOM v1.8.1 code, plus with new features, such as new menu tweaks (many thanks to Snake.PLiSKIN for finding this out.
Proof --> http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/tmp/DOM_UI2.jpg.
The current release date for UT3DOM Extended is: TBA So, if you want to create a level for UT3DOM Base Mod level for the Extended edition, just send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you. :)

3) UT3DOM Bonus Pack 1 is also starting up, following alongside UT3DOM Extended. It is speculated to be comaptible with both the original and Extended UT3DOM, and will include 3 new domination gametypes. More information about that later! :)

Take care everyone! Keep on fraggin'! :D

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I can finally play dom without a clutered gametpy selection screen.
No you can't... 3 new gametypes are being added! :p It would be great to choose the gametypes to install, although ini tweaking is always an option...
Number of teams slider is awesome news anyway... Can't wait! :eek:

Wormbo said:
OMFG, I just noticed: Did you really babelfish-translate the localization files?
Yeh, they did it... at least with the spanish ones... :hmm: Please update them if you haven't already... ;)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
No you can't... 3 new gametypes are being added! :p It would be great to choose the gametypes to install, although ini tweaking is always an option...

Just found out also that it'll be released seperatly for v1.8.1 UT3DOM, but it'll be automatically bundled within the Extended UT3DOM. And the 3 new gametypes will be in Bonus Pack 1, not the Extended. :) :p

Yeh, they did it... at least with the spanish ones... :hmm: Please update them if you haven't already... ;)

Russian and spanish locales have been updated. And Wormbo, thank Snake.PLiSKIN for that ;), I just found out about that a week or so after v1.8.1 came out that he did that =/ Not too impressed by that, so I understand ur point. :) I'll get someone else to do the rest of the updated locales in the Extended edition XD, and probably make them as an addon for the original v1.8.1 as well :)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
k so I just watched those vids Ronin and tbh the way you were playing made it look painfully not fun. Why didn't you use the tl at all? A huge part of DOM is using th tl to get to those control points, and please for the love of god, dodge once in a while. I was cringing every time I thought you'd dodge and didn't. :(

While I appreciate the vids themselves and that you took the time to do them, they just don't do the game type justice imho.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
k so I just watched those vids Ronin and tbh the way you were playing made it look painfully not fun. Why didn't you use the tl at all? A huge part of DOM is using th tl to get to those control points, and please for the love of god, dodge once in a while. I was cringing every time I thought you'd dodge and didn't. :(

While I appreciate the vids themselves and that you took the time to do them, they just don't do the game type justice imho.

If I have to, I'll remake the vids. :) Besides, It's another chance for me to record and *NOT* use that stupid WMV codec. :p Quality is hell unless you go to high quality XD.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Nah, i'm fine with that. I don't consider that to be cluttered. As long as the gametypes have different preview screens and play significantly differently then my menus will not be cluttered by them.
It's more the whole "2 team dom, 3 team dom, 4 team dom, 3 team tdm, 4 team tdm" etc. I don't need it! :lol: If you can deal with that through a slider then w00t!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Your UI options patch is probably one of the most selfish hacks I've ever seen. What about other mods wanting to add their UI options? :(

The German translation: Looks a bit better. Did you use Google and a dictionary this time? ;)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Your UI options patch is probably one of the most selfish hacks I've ever seen. What about other mods wanting to add their UI options? :(

The German translation: Looks a bit better. Did you use Google and a dictionary this time? ;)

Actually, Shade from ut99.org translated that for me. :p And the translations didn't come from me, like I said before, Wormbo, they came from my coder, Snake.PLiSKIN. XDDD But no worries m8, if there is anything that you thnk is wrong, u are more than wlecome to help me translate. :) I just want what's best the community (although I admit that I'm slow at it), and I'll do anything for you guys to help make this mod better. ;)

And when I mean I'll do anything, don't flame me. ;) :)

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
On the latest version of UT3DOM the game isn't changing maps after a match is over.

THere's a couple of DOM servers up and they're all stuck at the end of a map. When I play a botmach, it also gets stuck at the end of the map and never loads the next one.

Last edited: