Alien Colonial Marines

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
http://segabits.com/blog/2013/02/16...segas-money-funded-the-borderlands-franchise/

The idea is, that Gearbox put most of the money and time meant for ACM to their shiatty Borderlands games (sorry, I hate them, now even more).
Can't be sure how true that is, it's the Internet after all, but if it really is, than I hope SEGA to sue the fock out of them.

Focus on Borderlands more... they can return to it after they paid back.

a sega employee putting the blame on gearbox, smells fishy. gearbox gets things done, sega doesn't.

I'll just quote what somebody posted in the comments on that link
There ALWAYS seems to be something seriously wrong with Sega’s marketing, and someone ALWAYS seems to be at fault but never has a face or name, it’s ALWAYS just Sega.
What the hell is wrong with the company? Who knows, but at times, it’s been suggested that people within just want them to fail, even when the Dreamcast came, some people, a particular segment of the populous who can’t be labeled accurately into a box, ALWAYS wanted Sega to fail, and were always extremely skeptical of them, always assuming the worst.
At times, SEGA is practically the INTJ of the Videogaming industry but also seemingly wrongly labeled as disabled along with it, a common misunderstanding.
What ever it is, there right enough is something not right within the company, they are smart enough but do dumb stuff like this far too often for it to be just a coincidence.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
For a game that came out in 2009 that is still in Steam's top 100 it's not unreasonable to believe it paid for it's sequel. tbh, access to financial is well above a tester's, even a dept lead's, paygrade. You're not going to get this info unless you go to the CFO, which isn't going to be subject in a casual lunch convo with a tester...

Last edited: