Remake of CTF-Maul?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Good lord, that video completely highlights the awful scaling of UT2. Seeing him next to stairs and doorways is painful. I forgot how tiny the players were compared to the map in 2kx. UT3 is head and shoulders better than UT2, no doubt about that. Just listening to the sound effects and voice work makes me want to fire up UT3 to let the healing begin.
Oh, I thought you were going to complain about the guy in that video not knowing what the hell he was doing. But the player scale complaint is just as good. :p

dura1198

Feb 18, 2008
So, flip a coin to decide which of the two maps you drop in favor of re-doing Maul.

Simple as that.

;)

I've only made 2 CTF maps thus far and neither were great works of art. Slainchild, however, now there's a guy who could make us a nice Maul remake. A pillar of the community, Slainchild has produced some spectacular offerrings and his skill with the editor is exquisite. We, as a community, would be blessed by an sc created CTF-Maul.

That's about the extent of my ass kissing guys. Feel free to provide some supporting fire.

CTF MUST LIVE ON!!!

saracen16

Certified Flak Monkey
Apr 23, 2008
Sands of Arabia
I'd personally like to see CTF-Concentrate or CTF-Colossus. I liked those two maps best out of the stock UT2004 CTF maps. CTF-Face needs no intro.

But Maul would be interesting, too. It's quite intense. But then again, so are a lot of CTF maps I haven't mentioned.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I've only made 2 CTF maps thus far and neither were great works of art. Slainchild, however, now there's a guy who could make us a nice Maul remake. A pillar of the community, Slainchild has produced some spectacular offerrings and his skill with the editor is exquisite. We, as a community, would be blessed by an sc created CTF-Maul.

Yeah, I think I've heard of the Slainchild guy. I think he's in some clan. ;)

1x.

UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion
Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)
Anyone still interested in this map?

I was searching for the description of CTF-Maul (for my remake which is 90% done and I found this thread)

Wasn't there a site with descriptions of the maps? for some reason I can't find it now/.